Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, Bully Wee Villa said:

Shame the NZ-SA game isn't after Scotland's match so we know who to support here. Assuming Scotland finish second I think we want the Boks to upset the ABs, giving us a slightly better chance of an upset QF win. 

It would be typical to finally beat Ireland, win our group then get New Zealand anyway.

Fiji ran out of steam big time in the 2nd half - brilliant first half performance, hopefully they can get a bit more balance and get teh win against Wales.

Argentina unlucky, but both sides completely different in each half France looked good first half, and Argentina were pretty poor, but completely turned out round in the 2nd half and looked like they would get the win until the drop goal, and then France looked like they were doing there best to lose it at the end.

2 enjoyable games before the main event of NZ v SA

Has the haka changed over the years? It’s not how I remember it

Apparently there are variations of it, depending on the circumstances. This was a “thank you to our Japanese hosts” haka, as opposed to the “we’re going to stick fifty points on you and make you hurt” haka.

Anybody still prefer SA in a quarter final?

The All Blacks would carry more threat to us but we'd get chances. SA wouldn't be so incisive, but their defence would put us back 5 yards every phase and when they have the ball they'd stick it up the jumpers.

For the way we play, I don't think it matters which of these two we'd get.