Rugby Union

kiwififer

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Shouldn’t he have laid it off behind him for a team-mate coming up behind his run? Pretty sure I saw players do this in the game today. They take the hit, go to ground, reach behind them and lay the ball out as a team-mate comes up to recycle it. As I say, I’m no rugby union expert, but it seems a bit pish to have that first Kiwi bounce off you, only for you to turn around two seconds later and toss it straight to an All Black. 

If he had done that in 91, it would have been a penalty. You were only allowed to place it behind you, and not reach out.

Lovely to hear Gordon Brown on the commentary on that video though. I remember hearing him commentating on a Scotland tour game on his own, where he just called all the players by their number, and didn't even bother mentioning which team had the ball. He was moved to summariser rather than lead commentator not long after!

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

ITV’s coverage is the most tinpot thing I’ve ever seen. They’ve somehow made it even worse than their Six Nations coverage.

It's hilarious how they seem to have exactly the same people that do BT's Rugby Tonight, yet it makes the old Scotsport with Jooooooolyan and Sarah O look professional.

Standing about in a dojo in their socks tossing a ball to whichever one is talking at the time, and providing absolutely no analysis of the game they’re actually supposed to be covering just now in favour of giving a childish explanation of the offside rule using an example from a game yesterday. Who the f**k thought that was a good idea?

Italy are going to end up running in 50 points here.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Imagine a team trying to smash the opposition 10.

Absolutely unheard of in rugby history, I'd imagine.

It's what Ireland do, talk about poor Johnny being legally tackled so nobody mentions the fact Hogg actually was cynically and illegally taken out the same game.