Rugby Union

kiwififer

10 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You can't tell the difference between black shirts, shorts and socks and green shirt, white shorts and green socks? 

I merely asked if international rugby cannot have teams wear completely different shirt colours. (and I quote). New Zealand are in black, South Africa have very dark green shirts and socks. The South African white shorts are jumping off the screen as being the main difference. Just asking like. There was a Scotland v New Zealand game where the kit clash was a real issue, wasn’t there?

It’s a simple enough question. If one team is designated to be in an all-black kit, is it that hard for the opponent to have a ‘change shirt’ that is completely different?

Edited by pozbaird

11 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Would it be that difficult for rugby teams to wear a shirt completely different from their opponent? I don’t know how many times I see this. In this game, would it hurt for South Africa to have white shirts? Or the gold colour of their trim as a shirt colour? 

Ireland v Wales play in their normal kits against each other which makes games unwatchable for the 1 in 12 men who are colourblind, at least in this game you have the different coloured shorts.

38 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I merely asked if international rugby cannot have teams wear completely different shirt colours. (and I quote). New Zealand are in black, South Africa have very dark green shirts and socks. The South African white shorts are jumping off the screen as being the main difference. Just asking like. There was a Scotland v New Zealand game where the kit clash was a real issue, wasn’t there?

It’s a simple enough question. If one team is designated to be in an all-black kit, is it that hard for the opponent to have a ‘change shirt’ that is completely different?

I understood the question. I just don't see the point. Let teams play in their proper kits unless there is a clash. Which there isn't. 

I think I would prefer SA, so win against Ireland is vital, but not by much. Psychologically we have beaten them a few times in the recent past, whereas we have never beaten NZ, and I just think our style of play is suited to playing against SA as at times the are susceptible to a quick style of rugby

21 minutes ago, The Nightfly said:
On 20/09/2019 at 11:14, hearthammer said:
Thanks for the link. Predictions for games up to Sunday sorted.  Most difficult one is us v Ireland, but i've gone for us to nick a close game.  Here's hoping.

How are you doing? I have 35 points after 4 matches.

Currently on 32 points.  I took South Africa to win but had the other 3.  Not sure how the points per game are awarded as ive had   8   14   10   0. 

Sorry, photo uploaded accidentally.                                      Have just seen the "rules" button 🙄.  What a spud.  I was within 2 points for Australia so it was 5 + 9.  I get it now 😀

image.jpeg

Edited by hearthammer

3 absolutely cracking games.

The All Blacks looked scary - they can just suddenly up the intensity and pace, and very few can live with it. I'm still not convinced by having the best 10 in the world at 15, which means Ben Smith isn't even on the pitch! Hard to argue when they keep winning though.

I'd imagine most of us on this thread are old enough to remember them picking the best full back in the world at centre in 1999, and that didn't really work for them...

2 hours ago, The Nightfly said:
On 20/09/2019 at 11:14, hearthammer said:
Thanks for the link. Predictions for games up to Sunday sorted.  Most difficult one is us v Ireland, but i've gone for us to nick a close game.  Here's hoping.

How are you doing? I have 35 points after 4 matches.

For tomorrows games i've gone for :

Italy by  +15 points    1st try   Benvenuti

Scotland  +3                                Maitland

England +35                               May

A wee bit of side interest to have whilst watching the games.   Here's hoping Scotland win, by any margin.

7 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I understood the question. I just don't see the point. Let teams play in their proper kits unless there is a clash. Which there isn't. 

In your reply to my original post, you asked me if I couldn’t tell the difference between black shirts, shorts and socks, and green shirts, white shorts and green socks. Well yes, I can, but in my opinion, the SA green is very dark, and there’s a definite case in this fixture for one team to wear a completely different colour to the other team. I guess we’ll just need to agree to disagree on this.

11 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Used to enjoy watching the RWC, but that Scotland v Australia QF 4 years ago was a fucking joke.

Scotland or Argentina robbed of a place in the final by a bent ref. I recall Gavin Hastings being raging at the time.

I watched a bit of that game today and it took the cnuts about ten minutes to get a scrum done properly without collapsing. Give me rugby league any day over this. Don’t know why I tuned in anyway. South African names alone annoy me. Fannie De Kokk, Jobbie Van Der Lavvie, Pussie De Klit... and all that jazz... I cannot logically explain it away, they just annoy the shit out of me. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I watched a bit of that game today and it took the cnuts about ten minutes to get a scrum done properly without collapsing. Give me rugby league any day over this. Don’t know why I tuned in anyway. South African names alone annoy me. Fannie De Kokk, Jobbie Van Der Lavvie, Pussie De Klit... and all that jazz... I cannot logically explain it away, they just annoy the shit out of me. 😀

:lol:

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Worstcunts. Always hiding behind their deeplometic emmunitee.