Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

3 absolutely cracking games.

The All Blacks looked scary - they can just suddenly up the intensity and pace, and very few can live with it. I'm still not convinced by having the best 10 in the world at 15, which means Ben Smith isn't even on the pitch! Hard to argue when they keep winning though.

I'd imagine most of us on this thread are old enough to remember them picking the best full back in the world at centre in 1999, and that didn't really work for them...

Never mind ‘99, I’m old enough to remember 1987, the robot Grant Fox and their mental pack with Shelford etc. I also fondly remember this in 91 

13 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Never mind ‘99, I’m old enough to remember 1987, the robot Grant Fox and their mental pack with Shelford etc. I also fondly remember this in 91 

I’m no rugby union expert, but having flattened the Kiwi, doesn’t Hastings then proceed to simply toss the ball to an All Black? That’s just shit, isn’t it?

5 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Fair point. He should have just run past them all and scored a try.

Shouldn’t he have laid it off behind him for a team-mate coming up behind his run? Pretty sure I saw players do this in the game today. They take the hit, go to ground, reach behind them and lay the ball out as a team-mate comes up to recycle it. As I say, I’m no rugby union expert, but it seems a bit pish to have that first Kiwi bounce off you, only for you to turn around two seconds later and toss it straight to an All Black. 

Edited by pozbaird

It was a fleeting and enjoyable moment when a Scottish 15 sat an All Black prop (who always played the hard man card) on his pants 28 years ago. Nothing more, nothing less. I quite enjoyed it in isolation, like I enjoyed many other moments over the years despite our general shite-ness in the years since then.

It was a fleeting and enjoyable moment when a Scottish 15 sat an All Black prop (who always played the hard man card) on his pants 28 years ago. Nothing more, nothing less. I quite enjoyed it in isolation, like I enjoyed many other moments over the years despite our general shite-ness in the years since then.

I have some fond memories of at least two well worked line outs during the Frank Hadden years, personally.

3 minutes ago, Snobot said:

It would have been brilliant, if the video had cut out after the Kiwi bounced off him. Shame he went all St Mirreny on us after that. 😀

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I have some fond memories of at least two well worked line outs during the Frank Hadden years, personally.

Once Hugo Southwell did a wee chip down the middle that didn't lead to the concession of a try. It was the highlight of the 2007 Six Nations.

I was working Fri morning so had to watch Japan v Russia Fri night. Russia were brave but played like a team with just 2 players at clubs outside Russia. I got 3 hours sleep and watched Oz v Fiji. If Fiji had the legs and discipline to last 80 mins then they'd have won. Argentina v France were 2 teams trying to find form. However a tight game and thrilling end. Could have gone either way. NZ were better than of late but SA still showed they're the only team capable of keeping up with them over 80 mins but NZ managed the game well.

We do it again tomorrow. It'll be tough but hopefully Scotland find a way vs Ireland. England should have the BP by h/t vs Tonga and Italy SHOULD be ok vs Namibia.

It's only the start but already my sleep pattern is a mess 😂