Rugby Union

kiwififer

Glasgow were awesome tonight, and that was without some of the really big hitters. Fair play to Zebre, they kept trying to play, but were just completely outclassed.

Nakarawa was magnificent, even to the extent that he avoided scoring more himself in order to give his mates a try! Sad to see him go, but his performances, and his commitment to Glasgow, mean you can't grudge him a big money move. Weir was superb as well, and deserved a performance like that on his (likely) last performance at Scotstoun. Yanuyanatawa and Bryce had huge games too - it was clear the guys leaving wanted to go out on a high.

James Eddie and Mike Blair got deserved ovations at HT (Eddie also got one as he brought the match ball out), and Treviso got a massive cheer when their result was read out just as the teams came back out!

At the beginning of the season, there was a lot of pish about how "poor Glasgow are" and how "they will struggle to make the playoffs". One game to go, and a win gives us a home semi, with a final at Murrayfield. Back to back titles is a real possibility - Glasgow will fancy themselves anywhere against anyone in the playoffs.

In fairness Glasgow were poor and were struggling to even to make top 6 let alone play offs.....yes players were missing but 5 or so weeks ago the performance against leinster was vastly superior to that early season form with a much weaker squad. 9 wins in a row is a record for the warriors....its been a stunning run of form with in last 5 weeks a gear change which scottish teams in any sport rarely display

In fairness Glasgow were poor and were struggling to even to make top 6 let alone play offs.....yes players were missing but 5 or so weeks ago the performance against leinster was vastly superior to that early season form with a much weaker squad. 9 wins in a row is a record for the warriors....its been a stunning run of form with in last 5 weeks a gear change which scottish teams in any sport rarely display

Yes, if you look at comments even on this thread around Christmas time, most people considered the season a bit of a write off. I think there was a combination of factors in our poor displays, the weather, the constant postponed and moved games, the world cup and, let's be honest, the pretty major world cup hangover a lot of our best players had. I genuinely think it took some of the guys a wee while to get over that defeat to Australia.

The two defeats to Edinburgh followed by the poor communication and lack of information about the pitch smacked of a club that had lost its way after some success.

Edited by ddfg

Yes, if you look at comments even on this thread around Christmas time, most people considered the season a bit of a write off. I think there was a combination of factors in our poor displays, the weather, the constant postponed and moved games, the world cup and, let's be honest, the pretty major world cup hangover a lot of our best players had. I genuinely think it took some of the guys a wee while to get over that defeat to Australia.

Yeah definitely. Fair play to everyone involved for turning it around. I know the national team has improved but looking at Glasgow when they are at their best I still think cotter etc have still not found a way to fully utilise the talent we have. Im very dubious about humphreys as our forwards coach.

Could end up with a home semi v ulster.....hope so just for the mewling n seethe if Glasgow beat them again....

This would be wonderful.

It's great how competitive the pro 12 is going in to the final game of the season again with a number of possible finishes to the order of the top 4.

Yeah definitely. Fair play to everyone involved for turning it around. I know the national team has improved but looking at Glasgow when they are at their best I still think cotter etc have still not found a way to fully utilise the talent we have. Im very dubious about humphreys as our forwards coach.

I know it can't happen due to player duplication... but Glasgow would beat Scotland imo

We booked them this week for the first time, turns out we are in the same section and row as the four guys who sit in front of us at Scotstoun each week.

We have however decided to wait and see what's happening at Scotstoun re the pitch before renewing our season tickets, half seven on a Friday in Kilmarnock is well nigh impossible to get to.

There's been no official work on the relaying of the pitch or what type of surface it'll be.

The hybrid pitch at Murrayfield cost over £1 million to install. I can't imagine they'd lay out that kind of money at a ground the SRU don't own.

The preferred option for the pitch at Scotstoun is for a 3G+ pitch like the one at Kilmarnock. With a grass pitch getting built round the back for the athletics but it has all went very quiet and they

Do the athletics not use the ground during the summer so when would they actually be able to do the works to the pitch. Would be great for Killie financially if they were to ground share on a short term basis. Scotstoun isn't the easiest to get to for people outwith Glasgow so allows folk from Ayrshire to get along to games more often.

There are already grass pitches there. I imagine some sort of run up area would also be required for javelin. The city council will do whatever is in their own best interest and as the primary fee paying tenant I imagine if push comes to shove over an artificial pitch being laid Glasgow and the SRU would ultimately get their way.

There are already grass pitches there. I imagine some sort of run up area would also be required for javelin. The city council will do whatever is in their own best interest and as the primary fee paying tenant I imagine if push comes to shove over an artificial pitch being laid Glasgow and the SRU would ultimately get their way.

This....a fully 3g pitch would be best for the rugby. How often do the athletics sell out the 6800 seats compared to the warriors? Warriors will be generating far more revenue per annum so it really shouldnt be a debate.