Rugby Union

kiwififer

57 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Thought we were talking about Jones the times rugby correspondent rather than Jones the ex Wales stand off? Fwiw I've nowt against the stand off one.....the writer however is a dick.

It's definitely the journo rather than the player - the article is in his Times column this morning.

Grade A walloper

Cmon lads.. moaning about neutrality and got it this wk....
Although in fairness clancy is a w**k

Yep he's not biased just incredibly incompetent especially with the scrums n rucks. He will either blindly guess or simply award the pens to the higher ranked side. Given that both sides are at top end of table there will be plenty of guessing.

Yep he's not biased just incredibly incompetent especially with the scrums n rucks. He will either blindly guess or simply award the pens to the higher ranked side. Given that both sides are at top end of table there will be plenty of guessing.

Whoever dominates the first couple of scrums will be awarded the majority of the penalties

Whoever dominates the first couple of scrums will be awarded the majority of the penalties

Yep.....which is ridiculous. If referees ensure the ball is fed down the middle and props didn't have their elbows pointing down scrums would be completed far more often. It's really fustrating see how badly the scrum is refereed now compared to 20 years ago. Too many people in the irb (especially sh ) trying to turn union scrums into league scrums.

Agreed.  Hogg has been consistent in the recent past whilst Halfpenny was a long term injury absentee aswell.

In other news, I'm off to Cardiff tomorrow.  Got a ticket for the terrace.  Hoping the rain stays off.  Last time I had a terrace ticket was last season in Galway when it came down like Noah's flood.

Hogg is a much better player than halfpenny. Much better.. he has improved tremendously under the high ball too (one of halfpenny strengths, along with place kicking)
Gatland will pick halfpenny. Really can't be arsed with the lions anymore. In absence of any Scottish starter, I'll be supporting NZ

Hogg is a much better player than halfpenny. Much better.. he has improved tremendously under the high ball too (one of halfpenny strengths, along with place kicking)
Gatland will pick halfpenny. Really can't be arsed with the lions anymore. In absence of any Scottish starter, I'll be supporting NZ

I've always enjoyed the Lions but if this is another tour where scottish players deserving of places are ignored, we should pull out of it altogether. Suspect the high profile commercial sponsorship has resulted in a desire to pander to English n Welsh audiences rather than what is best for the Lions to beat their opponents. The last tour was a joke, only redeemed by weak opposition. This time round it needs best possible squad to get near nz. Anything less will be a full blown humiliation possibly even worse than Woodwards tour.