Rugby Union

kiwififer

Strongest team we've got tonight with injuries and international call ups. This is a banana skin as the Dragons are coming up without pressure and with our front liners away. However I think a bonus point win is essential for us especially as Leinster are at home to Benneton tonight. So hopefully the guys coming in and coming back from injury can put their hands up. Big game.

Mentally, I'm going to Shire's Lowland League game away at Berwick Rangers then heading up afterwards...

Screenshot_2024-02-17-10-27-26-62_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

1 hour ago, come on shire said:

Strongest team we've got tonight with injuries and international call ups. This is a banana skin as the Dragons are coming up without pressure and with our front liners away. However I think a bonus point win is essential for us especially as Leinster are at home to Benneton tonight. So hopefully the guys coming in and coming back from injury can put their hands up. Big game.

Mentally, I'm going to Shire's Lowland League game away at Berwick Rangers then heading up afterwards...

Screenshot_2024-02-17-10-27-26-62_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Surely rather than sticking Dobie on the wing we must have some youngster that can play on the wing? Were only down McClean to injury and  Jones and Tuipolotu in the centre and Rowe and Steyn of the back 3 to internationals in the backs arent we?

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Were only down McClean to injury and  Jones and Tuipolotu in the centre and Rowe and Steyn of the back 3 to internationals in the backs arent we?

The full list of those unavailable from the website:

Unavailable for selection: Fraser Brown (knee), Gregor Brown (knee), Sebastian Cancelliere (neck), Richie Gray (bicep), Jack Mann (ankle), Ally Miller (calf), JP du Preez (knee), Ollie Smith (knee), Sione Vailanu (knee), Murphy Walker (knee)

International duty: Scott Cummings, Rory Darge, Jack Dempsey, Matt Fagerson, Zander Fagerson, George Horne, Huw Jones, Kyle Rowe, Sione Tuipulotu, George Turner.

So from that, Cancelliere and Smith are injured, with the 3 you mentioned on international duty. If you meant Rufus McLean, he will rightly never play for Glasgow again.

On Dobie, I presume they just want him on the field after his injuries. He's played pretty capably on the wing for Glasgow in the past as well.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

So from that, Cancelliere and Smith are injured, with the 3 you mentioned on international duty. If you meant Rufus McLean, he will rightly never play for Glasgow again.

On Dobie, I presume they just want him on the field after his injuries. He's played pretty capably on the wing for Glasgow in the past as well.

Thanks, aye i always get Smith and McLean mixed up as they both came into the team at the same time

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Rufus McLean is no longer a Glasgow player and back in the USA 

20 hours ago, honestly united said:

Surely rather than sticking Dobie on the wing we must have some youngster that can play on the wing? Were only down McClean to injury and  Jones and Tuipolotu in the centre and Rowe and Steyn of the back 3 to internationals in the backs arent we?

I'm starting to wonder if wing is the plan for Dobie now. He looks ok there, he's quick, a good carrier and better in the air than I thought he'd be. With Afshar coming through we look well stocked at scrum half for a while at least.

On 18/02/2024 at 08:07, GAD said:

I'm starting to wonder if wing is the plan for Dobie now. He looks ok there, he's quick, a good carrier and better in the air than I thought he'd be. With Afshar coming through we look well stocked at scrum half for a while at least.

When have Glasgow never been stocked for scrum half? I can't remember the last time Edinburgh developed their own, that has gone on to be  regular.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Im hoping some one can help (and too get in before the calcutta cup chat starts), I dont know if its just me but I cant seem to find anything on the autumn internationals - does anyone know who we are playing and when?

Nothing arranged yet for Scotland

But the All Blacks aren't coming to Murrayfield

Saturday 2 November
England v New Zealand

W/E 9 November
England v Australia
Ireland  v New Zealand

W/E 16 November
England v South Africa
France v New Zealand

W/E 23 November
England v Japan (Prob)
Italy v New Zealand

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

I'm sure the rumour was SA and Australia as the big two. Pretty sure Argentina have a full fixture list that doesn't include us.

Actually think it would be great if one of them was against Portugal - an emerging nation, and something different to what we normally have. It's a shame the football team play Portugal in September and October, or it could have been a great wee November double header