Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

YASSSSSSSSS

Get it right up everyone! In particular James Lowe, Finlay Bealham, Cian Healy, and Mrs CCH

I notice you didn’t go with the traditional  “hell of a beating” line.  Probably wise.  

Funny as it is, that just makes Townsend's latest abject failure even more abject.

Not that he's actually going to pull off a win in Dublin anyway, but what an absolute disaster he has presided over. Two utterly humiliating World Cups, threw away the 2021 Six Nations when every other side's results aligned perfectly to give Scotland the best chance we've had to win it in the Six Nations era, has bottled it against Italy once again here when another great opportunity has presented itself, has never managed more than 3 wins in a tournament with a better group of players than any Scotland coach since he retired from playing could have dreamed of.

25 minutes ago, Acastus said:

Think Gregor has had his fair crack of the whip. Can we get a proper coach in now please SRU you utter fandans. 

Thank you. 

To coach through the stunning next generation of no hopes

It's a busted flush, we've blown the good generation on a gash homegrown coach during the era when everyone else went kiwi

Inexplicable 

54 minutes ago, Binos said:

I can't understand why townsend is still there

What criteria is he achieving to keep his job

The SRU have been happy with 3 wins a year in the Six Nations with 1 of them being England each year. The fact is we've stagnated badly. Threw away the Championship in 2021 and we've thrown away the chance this year after the defeats against France and Italy.

Likelihood is we end up with two wins from five. With such a talented team, it's a complete failure. After two mediocre World Cups and complete stagnation, its hard to argue for Townsend.

I do accept that I come into it with a very critical and harsh lens based on my football style instincts. Perhaps folk who go to Murrayfield are satisfied with a few wins. But I certainly don't see it among passionate rugby fans on here. So why is there so little pressure on Townsend from the media and among the wider Scottish support?

1 minute ago, BucksburnDandy said:

The SRU have been happy with 3 wins a year in the Six Nations with 1 of them being England each year. The fact is we've stagnated badly. Threw away the Championship in 2021 and we've thrown away the chance this year after the defeats against France and Italy.

Likelihood is we end up with two wins from five. With such a talented team, it's a complete failure. After two mediocre World Cups and complete stagnation, its hard to argue for Townsend.

I do accept that I come into it with a very critical and harsh lens based on my football style instincts. Perhaps folk who go to Murrayfield are satisfied with a few wins. But I certainly don't see it among passionate rugby fans on here. So why is there so little pressure on Townsend from the media and among the wider Scottish support?

There's a lot of clichés in the SRU it seems, see the Keith Russell affair and managing to make a 10m loss after record turnover.....

Outside that bubble I don't think many are happy with the senior set up or the development side of the game, not to mention financial that underpin both.

1 minute ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

There's a lot of clichés in the SRU it seems, see the Keith Russell affair and managing to make a 10m loss after record turnover.....

Outside that bubble I don't think many are happy with the senior set up or the development side of the game, not to mention financial that underpin both.

I don't know enough around the development side of the game but judging by the under 20s, we're going to have to import a shed load of players over the next decade?

36 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

He should have gone after the hopeless Japanese wc

53 minutes ago, Binos said:

He should have gone after the hopeless Japanese wc

That was embarrassing and you'd think after that we'd get better but we really haven't. Slightly progressed after that but 2021 onwards we've not gone forwards not gone backwards. He's bottled every big game in the six nations & world cup. Been in charge for 7 years now and his time is surely up. Decent group of players who need a proper coach to hopefully see us challenge the good teams.

4 hours ago, Binos said:

To coach through the stunning next generation of no hopes

It's a busted flush, we've blown the good generation on a gash homegrown coach during the era when everyone else went kiwi

Inexplicable 

You're absolutely right that this is seeming like a wasted generation. We should have won or at least challenged for a 6 nations title. Not even got close to one yet.  

Can't we go back to the times we used to lose to England and beat the rest rather than the opposite now. Bar the dodgy win Vs Wales it would've been the case this year. I fancied Italy today but I also fancied Ireland so it's a funny old game. 

This golden generation better achieve something soon, because there is not a single under 20 player who looks remotely capable of making the step up.   Bleak future isn’t strong enough. 

So who do we want to win here?  France with a Welsh red card or two?   Wales with a French red card or two?    Jiffy’s on comms so I vote for the former.