Rugby Union

kiwififer

On 15/10/2024 at 10:31, GAD said:

I think a few of the younger guys will play this autumn. We've got the Fiji game, which is a Glasgow/Edinburgh select and Portugal. Hopefully those games will see some of the summer tour guys continuing to play and the first team will play Aus/SA.

I wonder what team Fiji will have available?  Even if it's just their UK based players that'll be a tricky game.

40 minutes ago, come on shire said:

I wonder what team Fiji will have available?  Even if it's just their UK based players that'll be a tricky game.

Will most likely be there Drua guys only i think, its outside the international window so clubs in England and France (and probably URC) etc dont need to release the players

Edit to add, their squad over the summer for the Pacific 6 Nations only had 6 players not with the Drua, however the World Cup squad last year had 18 oversea's players

Edited by honestly united

3 hours ago, honestly united said:

Will most likely be there Drua guys only i think, its outside the international window so clubs in England and France (and probably URC) etc dont need to release the players

Edit to add, their squad over the summer for the Pacific 6 Nations only had 6 players not with the Drua, however the World Cup squad last year had 18 oversea's players

Well if it's the Drua guys mainly I'd hope Scotland will get over the line provided they put together a solid performance.  Having said that the Drua players will have a familiarity with each other.  I'd say that with Fiji, the jewel in the crown is their 7's but they're getting better and beat Oz at the World Cup last year and were a poor pass away from beating Wales too.  Tough game...

4 hours ago, come on shire said:

Well if it's the Drua guys mainly I'd hope Scotland will get over the line provided they put together a solid performance.  Having said that the Drua players will have a familiarity with each other.  I'd say that with Fiji, the jewel in the crown is their 7's but they're getting better and beat Oz at the World Cup last year and were a poor pass away from beating Wales too.  Tough game...

A Glasgow/Embra select will only really be missing White, Russell and Kinghorn from or best starting 15 anyway so we should have enough to see them off, but will be a tough game. Whether FIji would get their best players released by the French clubs (or do they officially retire between World Cups) is yet to be seen anyway if the game was on an official weekend is yet to be seen. They've between England, France and Wales in recent Autumn series, beat Australia (who hasnt in recenet years) at the World Cup so we need to be at our best to beat them