Rugby Union

kiwififer

Can't remember the exact number but was the embra attendance not pretty big for their European Cup semi final....albeit it was swelled with a number of Glasgow fans. I reckon a Glasgow semi final could attract 40 to 50k depending on price / venue.

I think it was about 8k

1 hour ago, dogmc said:

I was havering pish it was a home qf in Heineken cup....just shy of 38k tho. Lost away to ulster by 3pts in semi.

Beat Toulouse IIRC? Big group of us arrived after kickoff but in time to see Mike Blair score after about 2 mins.

I think that's probably unique to Scottish rugby that fans will happily go to support the other team in a big game.

Beat Toulouse IIRC? Big group of us arrived after kickoff but in time to see Mike Blair score after about 2 mins.
I think that's probably unique to Scottish rugby that fans will happily go to support the other team in a big game.

Aye that was the one. It was an amazing run for embra with last min winners against higher ranked sides. Was good to get Glasgow fans showing support and a lot of that was down to it being the first time a Scottish team had gotten out of the group. Sure it was a Scottish record club attendance (might have been a euro record at the time???). Just glad to see Glasgow finally get the euro monkey off their back.....still can't quite believe the way they did it mind!

6 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Aye that was the one. It was an amazing run for embra with last min winners against higher ranked sides. Was good to get Glasgow fans showing support and a lot of that was down to it being the first time a Scottish team had gotten out of the group. Sure it was a Scottish record club attendance (might have been a euro record at the time???). Just glad to see Glasgow finally get the euro monkey off their back.....still can't quite believe the way they did it mind!

It was the second time, but the first home qf. They also qualified in 2004, also against Toulouse, but got cuffed over there.

The autumn international fixtures has been announced
Weekend of 11th November Samoa
Weekend of 18th November All Blacks
Weekend of 25th November Australia

Also both games v Ireland and Wales in the Six Nations have sold out

The autumn international fixtures has been announced
Weekend of 11th November Samoa
Weekend of 18th November All Blacks
Weekend of 25th November Australia

Also both games v Ireland and Wales in the Six Nations have sold out

Fuxake good luck with that toony!!

Yass.. want crack at AB

Not sure...our best players will have been buggered about by lions n I'd guess nz will have just spangled lions so will be at maximum confidence. Toony will only have had a lions depleted squad off summer then straight into a really tough autumn series. Even Samoa isn't a gimme. I'd say it's a pretty shitty schedule to give a new coach tbh. It's possible we lose every game in autumn n leave toony under huge pressure in 6n just as he gets keys to office. I'd much rather a more sympathetic start to new regime.....feel free to bookmark this if we win all three go make me look a curmudgeonly p***k ! [emoji6]

50 minutes ago, dogmc said:

No chance of The London Welsh International? ?

this was the chance for a phoenix entity to take there place but they could not pay a bond to the RFU or prove they could pay there rugby creditors in full 

this was the chance for a phoenix entity to take there place but they could not pay a bond to the RFU or prove they could pay there rugby creditors in full 

From the way that Newcastle was taken over n screwed (their entire 1st xv left n started again in lowest leagues due to hall buying the old club n essentially making it a franchise ) to way that some twat amalgamated bristol London Scottish etc...English rugby is letting money destroy itself. English n french have tried to skew euros towards themselves with zero sense of awareness of damage they are doing to their own game....and zero realisation that Pro12 teams are doing much better on much lower budgets by being community based.