Rugby Union

kiwififer

7 hours ago, ajwffc said:

Stade Rochelais are Edinburgh opponents in the quarter finals

2nd in the Top 14 this season currently. Promoted a couple of seasons ago. They have Uini Atonio in their team. Dangerous

3 hours ago, GAD said:

Who would you rather get? Think I'd like to play Saracens. 

Sarries won the league last season and are 2nd behind Wasps this season. Based on these facts and the fact that Munster are a bunch of uproarious, whining, detestable c***s, I'd like to have Munster. It's just a shame that we can't play Ulster at the same time.

I'd Rather the trip to play Saracens. I'm sick of Munster. Still have one game against them in the league to play also and potentially a game against them if we make the play offs.

Aye a trip to London does sound a lot more appealing than going to a dump like Limerick.

15 minutes ago, BuddieInDundee said:

Aye a trip to London does sound a lot more appealing than going to a dump like Limerick.

The added benefit that Saracens also play on an artificial surface. Although we looked pretty decent on the grass last night.

As it stands, with 20 mins left, we are going to Saracens. Any score for Connacht changes that.

Bit annoyed that Murray didn't win... but now not too bothered. The man could retire today and is a legend.
Great chance for a new slam winner which would be good... plus I would also like to see fed or Nadal win.. especially fed.
I have nothing against Stan but really don't want him to win
Murray will win Wimbledon again BTW. Bookmark that.
Oz open is like the pga in golf. Yes it's a major.... but give me Wimbledon anytime... that's the masters or open

48 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Apparently if we win, we get a home semi? How does that work exactly. Surely clermont and munster 1 and 2.... should they win, get home semi?

it is not as simple as that 

The semi-finals will played on the weekend of 22/23 April 2017. In lieu of the draw that used to determine the semi-final pairing, EPCR announced that a fixed semi-final bracket would be set in advance, and that the home team would be designated based on "performances by clubs during the pool stages as well as the achievement of a winning a quarter-final match away from home". Semi-final matches must be played at a neutral ground in the designated home team's country.

Home country advantage will be awarded as follows:

Quarter Finals

Clermont (1) v (8) Toulon

Munster  (2) v (7) Toulouse

Saracens (3) v (6) Glasgow

Lienster (4) v (5) Wasps

Winner of QF  Semi-Final 1
1,4                        1v4

1,5                        5v1

8,4                        8v4

8,5                        5v8

Winner of QF  Semi-Final 2
3,2                        2v3

3,7                        7v3

6,2                        6v2

6,7                        6v7

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/rules.php

So a Glasgow win gives them a home tie with them faceing the winner of Munster v Toulouse

8 minutes ago, ajwffc said:

The semi-finals will played on the weekend of 22/23 April 2017. In lieu of the draw that used to determine the semi-final pairing, EPCR announced that a fixed semi-final bracket would be set in advance, and that the home team would be designated based on "performances by clubs during the pool stages as well as the achievement of a winning a quarter-final match away from home". Semi-final matches must be played at a neutral ground in the designated home team's country.

Home country advantage will be awarded as follows:

Quarter Finals

Clermont (1) v (8) Toulon

Munster  (2) v (7) Toulouse

Saracens (3) v (6) Glasgow

Lienster (4) v (5) Wasps

Winner of QF  Semi-Final 1
1,4                        1v4

1,5                        5v1

8,4                        8v4

8,5                        5v8

Winner of QF  Semi-Final 2
3,2                        2v3

3,7                        7v3

6,2                        6v2

6,7                        6v7

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/rules.php

Image result for parrot simpsons earn a cracker

So a Glasgow win gives them a home tie with them faceing the winner of Munster v Toulouse

Ritchie gray plays for toulouse but home v munster would be lovely. Would be great to see embra going deep in Europe n Scotland have a strong 6n so gatland can squirm when he only picks 2 or 3 scots. The nature of that win over Leicester will have raised the profile of scottish rugby and if they could beat Saracens then gatland will be in an awkward position.