Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just not good enough....

Quite frankly we aren't. As they say "it's all about levels" and their level is substantially better than ours at the moment.

It wouldn't be a major shock to see Gatland select more Saracen players than Scotland ones on the tour to New Zealand.

Just back home via Gatwick and a quiet (in terms of noise) Warriors plane back north. Not our day. They are a good side, evidence by what they did to Bath last week and the pace and ball handling is very good. We missed chances to make it more of a contest, they ran the score up when it was done although our last gasp defence was good early doors.

Felt a lot like the Leinster final. Hot, injuries early on, physical and we ran out of steam. We'll learn from it, like we did that final. 

Also for an English team that wins a lot, surprisingly few dicks in the support. Nice folk. 

Blair Kinghorn drafted in to Scotland 7s which makes sense given embra season is dead. Grayson hart too which is probably more due to there being no place for him elsewhere at moment

42a3b5ab1f23a9c38dcf3f1bc8a29cc1.jpg
Team in full

Maybe they're trying to see if Grayson Hart makes a good 7's player.  Rory Clegg was a decent 7's player but struggled when it came to the 15's game.

In other news, Richard Cockerill is going to be stand-in head coach of Toulon until the end of the season.  If I were an Edinburgh fan I'd prefer it if he was watching Edinburgh games and prepping for next season to be totally honest with you...

Maybe they're trying to see if Grayson Hart makes a good 7's player.  Rory Clegg was a decent 7's player but struggled when it came to the 15's game.
In other news, Richard Cockerill is going to be stand-in head coach of Toulon until the end of the season.  If I were an Edinburgh fan I'd prefer it if he was watching Edinburgh games and prepping for next season to be totally honest with you...

Ideally I'd agree....but they've been so abject recently something had to be done.....just so long as he understands the requirements if Glasgow somehow are within a bp win of play offs last weekend of season....ahem....

Pfft hart needs a fresh start somewhere new.....don't see him as a 7s player at all. Not keen on him n Wight in same squad but hey ho

It's a shame that, from this Glasgow and Scotland fan's point of view anyway, that the season has come to a bit of a disappointing and premature end. It's very optimistic to think Glasgow can make the playoffs now, and I think a lot of our players will now (harshly) have no chance of making the lions based on nothing more than two bad results in England.

Next game I'm going to is the Edinburgh game for an end of season piss up with my mate. Hoping the saints game that day gets shifted to lunchtime, or doesn't matter (because we already secured safety!)

Looking at the fixtures I still think Glasgow can make 4th, but granted we still need to win every game with bonus points, and hope Ulster dont get any but after Cardiff this weekend have to play all of the top 3, and Scarlets although they should beat Trevisio, Dragons and Connaught, then have Ospreays in the last game which should determine the best Welsh side. Although again if they pick up more than 1 bonus point Glasgow cant go above them. We need to beat Munster this weekend, if we dont we are out of it anyway.