Rugby Union

kiwififer

Was at the game on Saturday.  We weren't at the races and were deservedly hammered I'm afraid.  We're unbeaten domestically inc. at home vs Munster but Europe is a different animal.  A switch seems to go and the intensity increases.  To match that you need a competitive pack but we got blown away.  Same pack barring Gordy and Strauss and Alex allan and Ashe are able deputies respectively, so my guess is that it could be a coaching issue.  Dave Rennie needs to have a meeting with the forwards coaches and go mental with them. 

If you've visited the Glasgow Warriors FB page you'll notice that there's debates and about who're the better supporters based on streams of people leaving early.  There was a mass exodus when Leinster got the BP try with about 4 mins left.

The players need to be out for revenge when they visit in the league next weekend.  Until then, bouncing back with 5 points vs the Southern Kings on Friday night is a must.

The Edinburgh game v krasny is on YouTube. On app so can't link to it. The Russian commentary is still better than sky! How stade francais could have lost to them is beyond me. They were brave enough n tackled all day but struggled at contact area and had little pace. Cochrane put on an utter masterclass of both hooking n lineout throwing. Kinghorn n bressler showed up really well.

I know its different competitions but even with Heineken cup embra seem more able to raise their game for Europe than Glasgow. No idea why this should be the case

Totally agree. Edinburgh seem to be a much better cup team than league team. If they manage to get a home QF then SF., they have great chance to win this. Very unlucky to run into a very in form la rochelle last year.

The Edinburgh game v krasny is on YouTube. On app so can't link to it. The Russian commentary is still better than sky! How stade francais could have lost to them is beyond me. They were brave enough n tackled all day but struggled at contact area and had little pace. Cochrane put on an utter masterclass of both hooking n lineout throwing. Kinghorn n bressler showed up really well.

I seen McCallum got a couple, why's he been out this season?

I seen McCallum got a couple, why's he been out this season?

He looks a helluva lot leaner so my guess would be cockerill wanted him to hit gym. He was carrying a bit of timber in fairness. Have to say I rate McCallum... Able to scrummage on both sides and I've yet to see him struggle in a scrum. Fagerson is better in loose but McCallum is possibly a better scrummagger. Long term could be our two props. McCallum may have to fight the sru preconception that the front row should be flankers but for me props that can scrummage and hookers that can hook and throw in are invaluable

23 hours ago, come on shire said:

Was at the game on Saturday.  We weren't at the races and were deservedly hammered I'm afraid.  We're unbeaten domestically inc. at home vs Munster but Europe is a different animal.  A switch seems to go and the intensity increases.  To match that you need a competitive pack but we got blown away.  Same pack barring Gordy and Strauss and Alex allan and Ashe are able deputies respectively, so my guess is that it could be a coaching issue.  Dave Rennie needs to have a meeting with the forwards coaches and go mental with them. 

If you've visited the Glasgow Warriors FB page you'll notice that there's debates and about who're the better supporters based on streams of people leaving early.  There was a mass exodus when Leinster got the BP try with about 4 mins left.

The players need to be out for revenge when they visit in the league next weekend.  Until then, bouncing back with 5 points vs the Southern Kings on Friday night is a must.

The front row in particular have played too much rugby and people like Kebble being injured hasn't helped. I'm not convinced on 'coaching issue' yet. 

This "better supporter pish" gets on my goat. I've left early for various reasons and nobody needs to justify it. They pay their ticket money and if folk want to leave early their choice. 

Even accounting for being experimental fowles bhatti n Turner are currently struggling with their clubs. This level is well beyond them. That aside plenty of talent there. No idea who Harris Hamilton n marfo are

Hamilton plays for the Leicester Tigers and looked good when I seen him play earlier in the season. I had no idea he was Scottish qualified. But the other two I have no idea.

33 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Ah ok.....hopefully he's a loosehead!!

Back rower.  Pissed off the Welsh seemingly, a bit like that Stringer (?) fella a few years ago, he's been nicked from the Welsh development squads.  Hopefully they've done their research this time.

Darryl Marfo is a loosehead, and apparently plays for Edinburgh.  I've never heard of him, so I guess he doesn't play that often.

Back rower.  Pissed off the Welsh seemingly, a bit like that Stringer (?) fella a few years ago, he's been nicked from the Welsh development squads.  Hopefully they've done their research this time.

Darryl Marfo is a loosehead, and apparently plays for Edinburgh.  I've never heard of him, so I guess he doesn't play that often.

Ah marfo might be ringing a bell. Unless Reid is injured I can't see a better option. What's going on with al Dickinson these days?? I'd have McCallum ahead if either marfo or bhatti personally. Think it was shingler you were referring to n that was indeed a classic sru balls up. Not totally sure that we need to be scouring family trees for back row players tbh we have plenty already. Won't be moaning if he's gibbens standard mind (now a Scottish granny there would be welcome).

Ah marfo might be ringing a bell. Unless Reid is injured I can't see a better option. What's going on with al Dickinson these days?? I'd have McCallum ahead if either marfo or bhatti personally. Think it was shingler you were referring to n that was indeed a classic sru balls up. Not totally sure that we need to be scouring family trees for back row players tbh we have plenty already. Won't be moaning if he's gibbens standard mind (now a Scottish granny there would be welcome).

Notice Strauss isn’t included, on that last point.