What Are You Drinking ?

There was talk of this monstrosity in another thread recently and the fact nobody here drank it and it’s rarely seen in bottle shops. Well lo and behold it has returned. Despite the guy at the checkout asking if I was sure I really wanted it in the interests of whatever I decided to buy it to see if it’s as crap as I remember. Not to worry though I have some Prancing Pony India Red Ale to wash it down.

IMG_0566.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Eednud said:

There was talk of this monstrosity in another thread recently and the fact nobody here drank it and it’s rarely seen in bottle shops. Well lo and behold it has returned. Despite the guy at the checkout asking if I was sure I really wanted it in the interests of whatever I decided to buy it to see if it’s as crap as I remember. Not to worry though I have some Prancing Pony India Red Ale to wash it down.

Is this one a thing in Oz mate, or is it solely for the daft yanks?

Foster's launches an "ale". "It makes me want to cry, really it does." :  r/beer

It comes in enormous dog food size cans, which you can generally get for $3.50ish a go, but I've never been brave enough (pic sourced from Google). The stuff here is brewed in Fort Worth, but that's the same even for the lager (never been forgetful enough of having that one in Scotland to go again; godspeed your good self). 

Edited by carpetmonster

44 minutes ago, Eednud said:

IMG_0566.jpeg

That would have been me. Tesco et al selling Fosters Shandy. You bought this from the International Beers aisle didn't you?

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

That would have been me. Tesco et al selling Fosters Shandy. You bought this from the International Beers aisle didn't you?

BWS but it was in the cool room not in the display fridges.

3 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Is this one a thing in Oz mate, or is it solely for the daft yanks?

Foster's launches an "ale". "It makes me want to cry, really it does." :  r/beer

It comes in enormous dog food size cans, which you can generally get for $3.50ish a go, but I've never been brave enough (pic sourced from Google). The stuff here is brewed in Fort Worth, but that's the same even for the lager (never been forgetful enough of having that one in Scotland to go again; godspeed your good self). 

Never come across that one but do remember when CUB sold big cans, 740ml then changed to 750ml. Carlton Draught,, VB, Melbourne Bitter and also Fosters Lager but they were phased out in the 1980s. Don’t think any other Australian brewery did that size can but not 100% on that.

IMG_2188.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Bargain bin?

$20 for the 6 pack.

They stopped producing it in Australia in 2002, started it again in 2014, 2020 and for some reason 2024. 

Edited by Eednud

8 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Evil Twin x Other Half triple IPA. Really good, but mostly drinking it as I need to sleep, so at 10%, it should hit me hard enough that my brain decides it’s bedtime. 

IMG_4447.jpeg

I'd have poured this through a tea strainer to get all the bits out. 

Post script. Took a bus, EUR 34, with a quite tedious border crossing, from Podgorica to Dubrovnik. 

Scenery was, just, quite spectacular. 

Inasmuch as I've done your traipse through Galloway en route from Portadown to Saltburn, and, vice versa, this journey was sensational.

All points to: any problems in your life are First World Problems.....

Crankshaft Cranking IPA from Canberra’s Bent Spoke Brewing. Not a new one but it was worth buying again. An excellent pale ale at 5.8%, the same strength as Coopers Sparkling Ale but superior taste.

IMG_0570.jpeg