Eastenders....

Guest The Phoenix

She threw him out on the spot and told him he was no good to her as a jaffa.

Which only goes to prove you can't have your cake and eat it.

A very good episode this evening. It hasn't been a great week but this was a satisfying way to round things off between Shabnam and Kush. Brilliant scenes when they were breaking up.

Shabnam will be a big loss, the actor who plays her is a talent. As for Kush, well, he's not great but he handled the stillborn episode with grace and he did a very good turn this evening. There's at least six months in his run in with Martin Fowler and his relationship with Arthur.

On a side note, I'm glad to see Jade leave. Since Bianca's ginger daughter left, there's been a void to fill but the wee girl who plays Jade is crap. Sounds like she's just reciting lines rather than delivering a performance.

Talking of Bianca's daughter, she's meant to be coming back. Only this time she's supposed to be about 16/17 (even though she was about 10 a couple of years ago) and meant to be nothing but trouble

Could her and Jordan be the start of the next generation of so called gangsters on the square I'm wondering

Have gangsters in Eastenders ever been convincing or menacing? They invariably end up squashed by Philip. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up strangling Sharon's da to death with his own torn-out liver, then knocking back a celebratory litre of vodka.

The gangsters have been roundly awful. Off the top of my head I remember Andy Hill, Jack Dalton and Johnny Allen, and they were all candy-asses. Throw in their associates like Dennis Rickman, Jake and Danny Moon and the like, and it's a pretty horrendous bunch.

The only heels over the last couple of years who were any decent were Michael Moon and Derek Branning.

The gangsters have been roundly awful. Off the top of my head I remember Andy Hill, Jack Dalton and Johnny Allen, and they were all candy-asses. Throw in their associates like Dennis Rickman, Jake and Danny Moon and the like, and it's a pretty horrendous bunch.

The only heels over the last couple of years who were any decent were Michael Moon and Derek Branning.

I thought Steve Owen played by Martin Kemp was a convincing bad guy. He wasn't a hard nut like Phil Michell or anything, more brains than brawn but I thought he played the part well. Nasty Nick Cotton was terrible though. The character should have been a huge success but he was played by such a shite actor.