The Neighbours Thread

DA Baracus

Since leaving my student days behind and becoming a 9-5 man around 3 months ago, I've watched about an hour of this once great show.

I used to love Australian hour. Should I make the effort to get back into Neighbours, or leave it in the past where it belongs?

Since leaving my student days behind and becoming a 9-5 man around 3 months ago, I've watched about an hour of this once great show.

I used to love Australian hour. Should I make the effort to get back into Neighbours, or leave it in the past where it belongs?

I gave up on it. I'd rather remember it as it was in all it's glory than the rotting corpse it is now. I still get excited when people post in here though because i get to find out what is happening, and then leave disappointed when i find out what's happening is still shit.

Donna just isnt enough to waste my time watching anymore, but i will always love her.

Pretty much the same as me , at Uni it was a staple of the day. I just tune in now and then these days , once a month . Its enough to get the gist of whats going on and its always the same pish storylines rotating. Its truely terrible , but you should make the effort to tune in, keep up to date with the character changes and for a perv at the latest jailbait.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who's this new guy? He's so bad.

Is he Scottish acting Australian with a couple of Scottish words thrown in? Or is he Australian acting Scottish?

Whatever one, he is really bad. :lol::lol:

He is Scottish apparently.

7 Neighbours script staples;

1 - when inside house and about to go out, neighbour MUST be about to knock when you open door and they MUST stumble into house as if taking some herculean effort to chap on said door.

2 - when storyline calls for 2 characters to fall out with each other, they MUST meet at bottom of driveway at earliest opportunity.

3 - when a character is needing money, hard work and belt-tightening IS NOT the answer - instead gambling is the answer, even if character has shown no traits of gambling addiction EVER.

4 - any character who has previously let it be known they aren't great swimmers MUST have a scene next to a swimming pool.

5 - when in hospital, the victims bed MUST be right next to the reception as is the case in all hospitals surely?!

6 - when a character is about to die, said characters' spouse/partner MUST be seen to start talking to someone not previously talked to which then sets up the next relationship.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY;

7 - when storyline calls for a trip into the Bush, any characters involved MUST encounter peril of varying ludicrousness to give viewers impression that Aussie retards CANNOT look after themselves outwith an urban environment.

Neighbours - 25 years and counting.

And so it has come to pass, 5 months on, for Kate & Dec.

Man, I've seen this show far too much!

The new guy's backstory had him spending some time in Scotland apparently.

Who's this new guy? He's so bad.

Is he Scottish acting Australian with a couple of Scottish words thrown in? Or is he Australian acting Scottish?

Whatever one, he is really bad. :lol::lol:

"Smith was born in Scotland and moved with his family from Scotland to Australia in 2003. The family holidayed in Australia in 2001 and fell in love with the country and so decided to emigrate"

There was me thinking he was putting it on (badly)... what a bizarre accent he has.

I was pretty mad that during the schoolies week when they were on the beach Donna kept on her dress type thing. I wanted to see her in bikini.

Indeed. This was somewhat disappointing. If I'm being honest, it ruined my week.

• 3 weeks later...

So is this Ringo gone for good then? I hope so... an utterly pathetic individual he is.

Donna is a wee tart... gotta love it :)

I can't begin to describe the things i'd do to that girl.

I think Ringo will have gone for good yes - he's some sort of pop star in Australia now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hmmmm that'll explain why some random guy was playing him yesterday then.,.. assume this is the new full-time Declan?

This new Declan is a bit of a c**t if you ask me.

This story with Paul and that American tart is going to drag out over the next few months or something it seems.

I missed yesterday's episode so haven't seen Libby's reaction yet but I look forward to it. I hate her as well.

This new Declan is a bit of a c**t if you ask me.

This story with Paul and that American tart is going to drag out over the next few months or something it seems.

Declan was always a bit of a c**t if you ask me.

I think it will be another month yet. I think it's climax will have something to do with the 25th anniversary episode which airs 15th October IIRC.

• 4 months later...