The Neighbours Thread

DA Baracus

This would have been too easy for neighbours.

The actress that played Dee is back but she is, er, pretending to be Dee. She's turned up with her daughter, who she's forcing to pretend to be Toady's daughter, while toady's wife is carrying a the baby of Steph's fiancé, while Steph herself is indeed "lezzyin' it up" but with a random.

Honestly it's the wife that watches it.

You really have to question what the writers are playing at. Bringing back Dee is bad enough but bringing back a fake Dee with the same actress is absolutely mental.

I hear she's back for 2 months, afterwhich I expect we'll have a short break before the real Dee appears with the usual amnesia story

13 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

This would have been too easy for neighbours.

The actress that played Dee is back but she is, er, pretending to be Dee. She's turned up with her daughter, who she's forcing to pretend to be Toady's daughter, while toady's wife is carrying a the baby of Steph's fiancé, while Steph herself is indeed "lezzyin' it up" but with a random.

Honestly it's the wife that watches it.

My fiance has this on all the time and I can't help watch (mainly for Paige!) - we've not seen the recent episodes so to hear that Dee isn't actually Dee is just fantastic :lol: The writers must have been pished when coming up with this one.

• 1 month later...

Apparently Neighbours only continues due to the UK following. By all accounts, it's popularity is incredibly low these days over here. On the way out, perhaps?

Yet another explosion at Lassiters that kills off the whole cast should do it.

Until then, I will continue to watch.

Apparently Neighbours only continues due to the UK following. By all accounts, it's popularity is incredibly low these days over here. On the way out, perhaps?

Yet another explosion at Lassiters that kills off the whole cast should do it.

Until then, I will continue to watch.

Doesn't surprise me. I don't even know what channel or time it's shown here in Oz. Whereas Home & Away is on a major network at a prime time.

• 3 weeks later...

Been watching the London episodes this week.  It's been utterly shit but hilarious at the same time.  Toadie basically chases Dee & Willow around London based on Twitter posts and at one point goes to Buckingham Palace.

Literally gets out the black cab for about 5 seconds and decides that they aren't there and gets back in.  There's about 100 tourists in the distance looking at BP but he immediately can tell they aren't there.

It all ends with

Toadie finally giving into temptation and pumping Dee.  Unfortunately Sonya is sitting on Skype watching it

:lol: 

How dare you
tumblr_ok2q5sBHRD1w0hwxqo1_500.gif

tumblr_og7hd18g751v8um94o1_500.gif

The character is excellent tbf and 90% time he's okay. For the more emotional scenes though it's cringy to watch. His reaction to Sonia losing the baby was toe curling.

• 10 months later...

Saw a bit of this today. Some guy of either Emmerdale or Coronation Street is in it now. He wants to kill Paul Robinson! Good to see the script writers are thinking up new ideas that have never been done before. . Also... Izzy is back in it now , she has aged well and looks great. Karl and Susan in it still, I didn't have a fucking clue who any of the others were. Assuming Toady is still in it , can't imagine anyone else would give him a job. Going to make an effort to watch this once a week before it's pulled from our screens. 

Realise almost nobody else is watching this shite but I will continue to post regardless.

Watched this pish again today. The guy from Emmerdale is playing a half English/Brazilian guy whos mum died in a factory in Sao Paulo, owned by Pual Robinson. Awful storyline. The actor is brutal as well. Makes Karl Kennedy look like Al Pacino.The policewoman is cracking however - worth tuning in for.

Sophie from Home and Away is in it, ( showing my age) . She was my favourite as a teenager , but she has aged very badly - looks about 100 now , big saggy chin now and generally looks like shit. 

Toadie used to have a little annoying fat kid that he found . He seems to have been written out. So its not all bad news. 

The Emmerdale guy is doing my tits in. Hopefully Paul Robinson goes berserk and  beats him to death with his wooden leg .  Seeing Sophie from home and away in this state is also starting to make me feel sick, I actually counted her chins today. She has 3. 

Steph Scully still in this, she looks fantastic . Hasnt aged a day and her norks seems to have doubled in size over the past 10 years. :thumsup2

• 2 years later...

I'm a support worker and one of my new clients is a chap of around 80 who loves Neighbours. I haven't seen it since about 1988. Amazed to see so many of the cast from that era still in it. Clive the doctor, Melanie with the weird laugh, Des from Daphne and Des, Paul Robinson and most sadly of all, Plain Jane Superbrain. The years have not been kind.

605609900_plainjane.jpg.2b98a20ec2da39be7922964dec038094.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm a support worker and one of my new clients is a chap of around 80 who loves Neighbours. I haven't seen it since about 1988. Amazed to see so many of the cast from that era still in it. Clive the doctor, Melanie with the weird laugh, Des from Daphne and Des, Paul Robinson and most sadly of all, Plain Jane Superbrain. The years have not been kind.

605609900_plainjane.jpg.2b98a20ec2da39be7922964dec038094.jpg

Not sure why they brought back so many from that era. Clive is a decent supporting character (I'm just glad Dr Karl is no longer the only doctor at the hospital, he's not as young as he used to be) but Jane is pointless, Des is even more pointless (thankfully only makes fleeting appearances) and I can't for the life of me comprehend the point of Melanie.

The script writing is as bad as ever but I still can't help watching every day.

• 11 months later...