World Player Of The Year Top 3

Guest Qp_Fan

Thierry Henry - Absolute quality he is brilliant at Scoring & Assisting.

Deco - He assists all the time and thouroghly impressed me at Euro 2004.

Milan Baros - He played really well at Euro 2004 and one of the best strikers in the premiership

Henry - he was brilliant last year and looks set to continue that.

Schevchenko - had a great season with Milan and continued his phenominal scoring run in Serie A.

That Brazilian boy in Germany, I forget his name. PLays for Wolfsburgh I think. He has brilliant run very close by Kaka.

I was thoroughly disappointed by Deco at Euro 2004 actually and Baros was missing half the season wasn't he?

Guest erseofthebank

id like to see it awarded as :-

ronaldinho - you cant beat that moment of 'anticipation' in football when a player gets a ball and your expecting to be entertained. this guy does it for fun and most players wouldnt try the things he done last season and hopefully this season

henry - scoring record at the highest level speaks for itself i suppose. his international form just makes me doubt his ability that tiny tiny little bit. he cant seem to play with a out and out striker as a partner, he doesnt get the ball as much at int. level for arsenal he is the main marksman

lampard - consistent at club level, good scoring ratio for a midfielder who gets in amongst in the middle of the park as well. passing and off the ball is next to none, got all it takes to be one of the best.

but i think henry will be rewarded with the top prize.

id like to see it awarded as :-

ronaldinho - you cant beat that moment of 'anticipation' in football when a player gets a ball and your expecting to be entertained. this guy does it for fun and most players wouldnt try the things he done last season and hopefully this season

henry - scoring record at the highest level speaks for itself i suppose. his international form just makes me doubt his ability that tiny tiny little bit. he cant seem to play with a out and out striker as a partner, he doesnt get the ball as much at int. level for arsenal he is the main marksman

lampard - consistent at club level, good scoring ratio for a midfielder who gets in amongst in the middle of the park as well. passing and off the ball is next to none, got all it takes to be one of the best.

but i think henry will be rewarded with the top prize.

Lampard, Henry and Ronaldinho may be in with a shout I think.

Guest erseofthebank
That Brazilian boy in Germany, I forget his name. PLays for Wolfsburgh I think. He has brilliant run very close by Kaka.

your talking abt d'allesandro, came from being captain of boca to this outfit, not sure if he was snapped up preseason tho and he is argentinian. good talent as is kaka.

Guest erseofthebank

if its different than the three i've opted for id expect others to include zlatan for juve now although he will be remembered in voting prolly for ajax and sweden in E2004, no doubt baros will receive recognition for his scoring in E2004 as well.

If you are not referring to D'Allesandro at Wolfsburg you may be thinking of the Brazillian Ailton at Werder Bremen(now at Shalke). Fantastic season last season, his goals no doubt helping them towards the title

Baros, One of the best strikers in the Premiership :lol: Infact he is one of the worst that regulaly start. Just because he did well in Euro 2004 doesnt eclipse him not being good enough for the Premiership

Guest MichaelCollins

Btw, D'Allesandro is Argentinian. Just pointing that out.

World Player of the year? Top 3?

Ronaldinho - best player in the world just now. IN my opinion.

Adriano - He took a lacklustre Brazil side to the Copa America title. Plus his goals practically single handedly took Inter into the group stages of the Champions League (He got 4 goals in their 5-2 aggregate win over FC Basel). I can't stand him though, but he'll be up there alongside the shoes in for the title (ie, Zidane for being Zidane, ROnaldo for being Ronaldo, Thiery Henry for the adverts)

Henao - You may not have heard of him. He is a Colombian goalkeeper who plays for Once Caldes, the new Copa Liberatadores champions. You know how David Marshall kept out the entire Barcelona team in Camp Nou? Well, Henao through his brilliant goalkeeping skills basically single handedly won the Champions League equivalent in South America for the little hearlded Colombian side. It would be like say....Inverness CT winning the Champions League. Henao also has brought his skills to the failing national side, who has gone 3 qualifiers in the World Cup section without conceding a goal, and they went through 3 clean sheets in the Copa America. Plus his hairstyle is almost as good as mine.

I saw Henao a few times in the Copa Libertadores and he looked like a typical South American goalkeeper. He made saves look more difficult than they actually were. He also appeared to be wearing the smallest pair of shorts ever, which there is just no need for.

your talking abt d'allesandro, came from being captain of boca to this outfit

D'Allesandro was at River.

your talking abt d'allesandro, came from being captain of boca to this outfit, not sure if he was snapped up preseason tho and he is argentinian. good talent as is kaka.

I wasn't meaning D'Allesandro actually. I got the bloody team wrong! :lol: It was Ailton that I meant (another poster has pointed this out). He had a phenominal scoring rate last season. :o

Archived