Snooker

RedWeb

Not Judd Trumps biggest fan, but can’t deny the talent he has. I know the pressures off a bit when the frame is won, but some of the shots he pulls off at the end of a frame are just ridiculous. In an earlier round he was wrong side of the last black to get anywhere near position on the yellow, and screwed the cue ball into the cushion with so much side it came off at near enough a right angle straight through the gap between blue and pink. 

Even the shot he played earlier tonight with the red along the cushion was just unreal, such a difficult shot that he got down and played like a straight pot. I’ve played snooker for years but I could practice every day for 10 years and wouldn’t get near that standard. If I pot a red and black in the same break I’m dancing around the table like Dennis Taylor. 

Selby gubs O'Sullivan 9-3 to win the Scottish Open for the second year running. Played quite well there, O'Sullivan wasteful for much of it and still doing that bizarre act of playing on long after the frame is lost. Arse.