Snooker

RedWeb

McGill is having a great spell and he's converting it on the scoreboard which is the main thing. O'Sullivan will find his touch eventually this morning so needs as big a lead as possible before that happens.

3 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

O'Sullivan breaking off into the bottom cushion to hit the back of the pack. What a fanny he is

Disagree on this occasion. Williams has been doing it all season, and for O'Sullivan the reason he's doing it is every time he breaks off normally he's leaving a pot and McGill is wiping the floor with him because of it.

This is literally a counter-measure.

Disagree on this occasion. Williams has been doing it all season, and for O'Sullivan the reason he's doing it is every time he breaks off normally he's leaving a pot and McGill is wiping the floor with him because of it.
Fair enough. Not like that guy Quentin Hann who used to smash the pack.

McGill's long pots have been great

Finishes the session 10-6 to McGill. O'Sullivan did come back with a couple of quickfire frames but McGill won a very important couple in the middle of them. If he just plays like that again tonight he'll get enough frames to get over the line. I expect O'Sullivan will play better in the evening session so still expect this to be close run.

1 minute ago, resk said:

Have the BBC punted that utter oddball who was doing the presenting for a bit?  He gave me the heebie jeebies.  

I'm not sure who you mean but Hazel Irvine is back after having last year off for family reasons.

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

I don't see the problem with it, within the first 3 or 4 shots the ball end up at the baulk end anyway but whoever broke off isn't at a disadvantage due to leaving a long pot. It's not like they spray balls around everywhere with a normal break off shot. 

My question is- why don't they all do it? It makes no sense to open any reds out.

2 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I don't see the problem with it, within the first 3 or 4 shots the ball end up at the baulk end anyway but whoever broke off isn't at a disadvantage due to leaving a long pot. It's not like they spray balls around everywhere with a normal break off shot. 

My question is- why don't they all do it? It makes no sense to open any reds out.

Suspect if O'Sullivan keeps doing it and ends up winning matches other players will catch on. As you say it's not like it bogs the frame down any.

Delicious seethe from Ronneh gammons across social media. They just cannot take it when he's getting beat. He's not even lost yet and the dummies are well and truly oot.

I don't mind the Williams break. Hardly makes a difference. Keeps the pack tight, no stray reds left on. What's not to like? 

I am a little surprised other players haven't adopted it when playing the top players, Trump, Robertson, Selby , etc.

Williams was brutally honest about it when questioned on Eurosport the other day. 

This talk of banning it is just stupidity IMO. So watch it happen :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

I think the break off thing is just Williams being Williams. I've always found him a bit of a bellend. And Ronnie being another bellend, has seen the break off causing headlines and wanted some of them fir himself. 

Anyway, I've been working from home today so not had full concentration on the snooks, but I'm pretty sure as of the 2nd frame today, between the two of them that's now 3 or 4 times the meme break-off that apparently doesn't leave easy reds has left an easy red. 

That's true, but what it won't do is leave the person breaking off at a disadvantage by leaving a long pot that they have relatively little control over 

I don't mind the break off; as said by others, after two or three shots the frame is back to normal and Davis made a good point in that the black is not going to get tied up. It's also fun when a red is left to middle. 

I've always liked Williams. Doesn't give a f**k so will take the shots on, better that than the players who shit themselves at anything remotely risky and play safe.