Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

In anywhere else in the world you might be right that it would see a decline in the conflict, but you're missing the critical point that these islamists are bound by an insane ideology that believes the score will not be settled until Israel is wiped from the face of the earth. The radical movements might start to lose favour within Palestinian territory but that won't stop countries like Iran as well as individuals pumping money and arms into a cause that is determined to inact harm on any Israeli it can.

The bit in bold contradicts the first bit of your post.

So what is your solution?

The bit in bold contradicts the first bit of your post.

So what is your solution?

No it doesn't, the point I'm making is that Israeli efforts to potentially defuse the situation would be undone by hardline radicals and outside influences. Israel can't be seen to do nothing when rockets are flying over the homes of their people, and even when Hamas are reluctant to launch there are smaller, more radical groups who will continue to do so.

My solution is pretty much what Israel is doing, using their Iron Dome system to knock out as many rockets as possible and launching swift counter-strikes on those launching them. It will be tough for the people of Gaza but Israel is in a tough position where it must defend it's people. Thankfully they are technologically advanced enough to minimise civilian casualties. In a more general sense, I'll come back when I've got more time to type it out.

Edited by Pinigol

No it doesn't, the point I'm making is that Israeli efforts to potentially defuse the situation would be undone by hardline radicals and outside influences. Israel can't be seen to do nothing when rockets are flying over the homes of their people.

My solution is pretty much what Israel is doing, using their Iron Dome system to knock out as many rockets as possible and launching swift counter-strikes on those launching them. It will be tough for the people of Gaza but Israel is in a tough position where it must defend it's people. Thankfully they are technologically advanced enough to minimise civilian casualties. In a more general sense, I'll come back when I've got more time to type it out.

Its going well isn't it? Things have really calmed down over the last few years.

Tough for the people of Gaza? You don't fucking say.

Apart from the Israeli Arabs, who will ultimately constitute a majority of the population going by current demographic trends.

Personally I hope the Israeli Arabs vote their nasty little state out of existence, though sadly I suspect the current Jewish majority will impose some form of informal apartheid system long before that could happen.

Quite frankly, this post just smacks of anti-semitism. Not as blatant as SS 18, but there none the less.

Quite frankly, this post just smacks of anti-semitism. Not as blatant as SS 18, but there none the less.

I've read all the threads in this post and other than the nutter element there is no anti-semetism. If you have actual examples of this you should highlight them rather than making unfounded generalisations.

I don't think its anti-semitism. I'm not inclined to agree entirely with the sentiment, as I believe Israel has a right to exist, just like Palestine does, but I don't think VT can be accused of any anti-semitism.

If you don't know what 'anti-Semitism' is, sure.

The Israeli 'Arab' (ie Muslim: whether these people are in fact 'Arab' or also 'Semitic' is an open question) population is unquestionably the long-term issue that the Israeli state will have to address. Would this potential majority of the population identify more with their stateless religious counterparts in Gaza and the West Bank than the post World War 'Jewish homeland', as represented by the Israeli state? Barring a huge swing towards secularism and a re-evaluation of Israeli policy it seems a straight-forward answer IMO. Does the history of Israeli policy suggest they will adjust to this vital threat in a fair and pacific manner? Not a chance.

Pointing out these facts does not in any way constitute 'anti-Semitism'.

I've read all the threads in this post and other than the nutter element there is no anti-semetism. If you have actual examples of this you should highlight them rather than making unfounded generalisations.

I quoted the post. Not sure if you missed it.

For the avoidance of doubt, it referred to the Jews probably instigating a form of apartheid. Not Zionists, or Israelis, but Jews.

I'm not inclined to agree entirely with the sentiment, as I believe Israel has a right to exist, just like Palestine does

No states have an inherent 'right' to exist: if the majority of the Israeli electorate democratically vote to dissolve the state, then it should no longer be a state. The same principle applies as much to the state of Israel as it does to the Scottish portion of the CDU.

As I said though, the current majority will swiftly put paid to democracy if it becomes a viable threat to the existence of the state.

In anywhere else in the world you might be right that it would see a decline in the conflict, but you're missing the critical point that these islamists are bound by an insane ideology that believes the score will not be settled until Israel is wiped from the face of the earth. The radical movements might start to lose favour within Palestinian territory but that won't stop countries like Iran as well as individuals pumping money and arms into a cause that is determined to inact harm on any Israeli it can.

The Islamists are totally insane right enough. Everybody knows God promised Israel to the Jews several millennia before Muhammad (peace be upon him) was even born. What are they playing at? It's clearly the Zionists baa.

The Islamists are totally insane right enough. Everybody knows God promised Israel to the Jews several millennia before Muhammad (peace be upon him) was even born. What are they playing at? It's clearly the Zionists baa.

And another one. Insidious, and quite sickening.

For the avoidance of doubt, it referred to the Jews probably instigating a form of apartheid. Not Zionists, or Israelis, but Jews.

'Anti-Semitism' really has come a long way since the 1940s if we're going to play semantics about description. Call them what you want, the point is absolutely clear.

You'd be as well calling me a bigot for stating that Scotland has been a Protestant country for 450 years. Err, it has. Israel is fundamentally a Jewish state. The policies of said societies will be filed under the dominant people, for example, Protestant Scotland has long been a virulently anti-Catholic society. Does this make every Protestant in Scotland responsible for this? Of course not. Stop being so fucking stupid.

I'd say 'get off your cross' but no doubt you'd have a hissy fit about that term as well.

Edited by vikingTON

'Anti-Semitism' really has come a long way since the 1940s if we're going to play semantics about description. Call them what you want, the point is absolutely clear.

You'd be as well calling me a bigot for stating that Scotland has been a Protestant country for 450 years. Err, it has. Israel is fundamentally a Jewish state. The policies of said societies will be filed under the dominant people, for example, Protestant Scotland has long been a virulently anti-Catholic society. Does this make every Protestant in Scotland responsible for this? Of course not. Stop being so fucking stupid.

I'd say 'get off your cross' but no doubt you'd have a hissy fit about that term as well.

You really are a pathetic little bigot.

Missed your second point and you're dead right again. This is why every member of the Jewish diaspora has to pump as much cash as possible into Israel to counteract the Muhammadans. Also why they have to remain fully mobilised in the US, to ensure a pro Israeli president.

It's a bit like those other honourable Americans - Noraid.

So if I had said that the White majority in South Africa during the apartheid years were responsible for that regime I would have been racist for pointing out that they were white?