Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

If you don't know what 'anti-Semitism' is, sure.

The Israeli 'Arab' (ie Muslim: whether these people are in fact 'Arab' or also 'Semitic' is an open question) population is unquestionably the long-term issue that the Israeli state will have to address. Would this potential majority of the population identify more with their stateless religious counterparts in Gaza and the West Bank than the post World War 'Jewish homeland', as represented by the Israeli state? Barring a huge swing towards secularism and a re-evaluation of Israeli policy it seems a straight-forward answer IMO. Does the history of Israeli policy suggest they will adjust to this vital threat in a fair and pacific manner? Not a chance.

Pointing out these facts does not in any way constitute 'anti-Semitism'.

I'd say the wide mistrust of Israeli Arabs by it's Jewish population and it's politics might well see such a problem. It's often referred to as a time bomb, well that's only the case if they allow it to be so. I think things are getting better, but there's still a way to go before you see parity. No question you would feel aggrieved when your fellow citizens treat you as inferior, would there be radicalisation and hostility? I'm not so sure, not on a large scale anyway.

Either way, it will be interesting to look at the situation in 50 years time and see if the Jewish population choose to embrace a larger Arab population or tried to force them out.

If you think you're going to derail this discussion by poisoning the well with your 'bigot' screeching, think again.

The fact that you consider discussion on here to be bigoted is fast becoming irrelevant, because you're evidently a fucking idiot. Respond to the points, take your issue up with the mods or kindly f**k off.

Edit: @ the idiot.

Edited by vikingTON

If you think you're going to derail this discussion by poisoning the well with your 'bigot' screeching, think again.

The fact that you consider discussion on here to be bigoted is fast becoming irrelevant, because you're evidently a fucking idiot. Respond to the points, take your issue up with the mods or kindly f**k off.

Edit: @ the idiot.

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

Missed your second point and you're dead right again. This is why every member of the Jewish diaspora has to pump as much cash as possible into Israel to counteract the Muhammadans. Also why they have to remain fully mobilised in the US, to ensure a pro Israeli president.

It's a bit like those other honourable Americans - Noraid.

Where have I defended the nutjobs that think they can bring on the messiah by stealing as much land as possible. There's a difference between accepting that the Israeli state exists and has a right to protect it's people and supporting the religious nuts who believe it's their right to expand on to territory they have stolen and occupy illegally.

The difference is, I don't start supporting the worst elements of Palestinian resistance because I've seen the damage that Israel has done.

Edited by Pinigol

You don't have to back Israel's actions in the past and currently to see that the actions of groups such as Hamas are disgusting and only perpetuate the suffering of the innocent.

I agree with this statement. Can you explain how Israel is not also perpetuating the suffering of the innocent?

Missed your second point and you're dead right again. This is why every member of the Jewish diaspora has to pump as much cash as possible into Israel to counteract the Muhammadans. Also why they have to remain fully mobilised in the US, to ensure a pro Israeli president.

It's a bit like those other honourable Americans - Noraid.

I can't believe I missed this. Every member of the Jewish diaspora has to pump cash into Israel?

I agree with this statement. Can you explain how Israel is not also perpetuating the suffering of the innocent?

They are, but currently it's going to take Hamas and similar groups to take the first step back if we've ever to see an improvement in the situation. Israel will never lift restrictions as long as their civilians are under threat. They will continue to strike on rocket positions as long as they're aimed at Israeli towns.

More needs to be done from the international community, but it's difficult to see either side climbing down when you've got two sets of peoples who both feel aggrieved at past injustices, blame each other for escalation in conflict and are convinced they have a devine right to occupy the land.

from the BBC:

Twenty-eight Palestinians and three Israelis have died since Israel killed Hamas's military chief on Wednesday.

Israel says it has since targeted some 600 "terror sites" in Gaza.

Is it just me or do those numbers seem a bit disproportionate?

from the BBC:

Twenty-eight Palestinians and three Israelis have died since Israel killed Hamas's military chief on Wednesday.

Does it give a breakdown of civilians/militants?

I'd also say that there's a good chance they bear some responsibility for a number of those casualties by launching rockets from civilian areas.

Thanks for the laugh last night XBL.

Palestinians, and their great leader a British Jewish aristocrat called Herbert Samuel. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just out of interest, I'm sure you will be able to give me a long list of the Palestinian leaders prior to Herbie? Seeing as you are being so open and intellectually honest about everything. Or are you going to run away and hide?

What a horrible little fat troll you are.dry.gif

from the BBC:

This guy was really badly hurt too. In fact I think he died from his terrible injuries.

"There is no such country as Palestine. 'Palestine' is a term the Zionists invented. There is no Palestine in the Bible. Our country was for centuries part of Syria. 'Palestine' is alien to us. It is the Zionists who introduced it".

- Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, Syrian Arab leader to British Peel Commission, 1937 -

"There is no such thing as Palestine in history, absolutely not".

- Professor Philip Hitti, Arab historian, 1946 -

Concerning the Holy Land, the chairman of the Syrian Delegation at the Paris Peace Conference in February 1919 stated:

"The only Arab domination since the Conquest in 635 c.e. hardly lasted, as such, 22 years".

"There are no differences between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. We are all part of one nation. It is only for political reasons that we carefully underline our Palestinian identity... yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity serves only tactical purposes. The founding of a Palestinian state is a new tool in the continuing battle against Israel".

- Zuhair Muhsin, military commander of the PLO and member of the PLO Executive Council -

"You do not represent Palestine as much as we do. Never forget this one point: There is no such thing as a Palestinian people, there is no Palestinian entity, there is only Syria. You are an integral part of the Syrian people, Palestine is an integral part of Syria. Therefore it is we, the Syrian authorities, who are the true representatives of the Palestinian people".

- Syrian dictator Hafez Assad to the PLO leader Yassir Arafat -

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.