Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

38 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I’m wholeheartedly against the Israeli onslaught, but lads…be fair…it’s looking more and more like it was a Hamas rocket that hit the hospital by accident. 

Their rockets couldn't blow the skin off a rice pudding until that happened.

9 minutes ago, orfc said:

And is similar criticism applied to any other country on here? Where are the similar 100+ page threads about the Saudis actions in Yemen, the Iranians/Turks actions against the Kurds, etc etc?

Start a thread for each conflict and we’ll all pile in m8.

30 minutes ago, orfc said:

And is similar criticism applied to any other country on here? Where are the similar 100+ page threads about the Saudis actions in Yemen, the Iranians/Turks actions against the Kurds, etc etc?

Fair point except Israel claims to be a Western style democracy aspiring to be just like us whereas these other countries don't give a shit what anyone thinks.  Guess Israel doesn't care either.

Let‘s look at the actual definition of Zionism. The Oxford dictionary defines Zionism as “a movement for (originally) the re-establishmentand (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel.”

Now, let’s look at the demographics of the surrounding areas. Apart from Palestine, Israel borders four countries (Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt) and in turn, these countries border another five countries between them (Turkey, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Libya and Sudan).

All nine of these nations have Muslim majority populations. 

If the Jewish people shouldn’t stay in Israel, where on earth are they meant to go? 

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Let‘s look at the actual definition of Zionism. The Oxford dictionary defines Zionism as “a movement for (originally) the re-establishmentand (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel.”

Now, let’s look at the demographics of the surrounding areas. Apart from Palestine, Israel borders four countries (Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Egypt) and in turn, these countries border another five countries between them (Turkey, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Libya and Sudan).

All nine of these nations have Muslim majority populations. 

If the Jewish people shouldn’t stay in Israel, where on earth are they meant to go? 

Can you please quote a single person on here who is saying that ‘the Jewish people’ should be expelled from Israel?

8 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

@Granny Danger and I sometimes bump heads, but this is slanderous. He never, ever, not once said a word about expelling Jews from Israel.

Long story short, @Donathanneeds to get a life and stop saying shit like this. 

I never suggested that he said that.

He said that he isn't a Zionist.

31 minutes ago, Donathan said:

The Jewish people who wish to live in Israel should live in Israel. The problem is that there are already many Jewish people who wish to live in "Israel" that actually live in the West Bank, in illegal settlements. The problem with your Oxford definition is that it mentions "what is now Israel" and opinions differ on that - I'd suggest the borders agreed to by the Oslo accord if not the 1948 lines, but ask a right-wing Israeli nationalist and they won't give you the same answer. Does that make me anti-zionist? It depends. Does it make me anti-semitic? Nope. 

Incidentally, to respond to the earlier question about "where is the criticism of other countries...", I must have imagined the Russian invasion of Ukraine thread. Or the geopolitics thread. Or multiple posts about Saudi Arabia when Newcastle were taken over, etc. Or the comments about Blair and his illegal war In Iraq, for that matter.

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Because his exact words he's used tonight are that he is "Anti-Zionist"

Which does not mean that he supports the expulsion of Jews from Israel - obviously - and, which he also said that he does not support that.

You are really out of line here. 

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Which does not mean that he supports the expulsion of Jews from Israel - obviously - and, which he also said that he does not support that.

You are really out of line here. 

Then I apologise.

I may have misunderstood exactly what anti-Zionism means. I would appreciate if someone could explain the concept.