Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

Just the latest atrocity by Israel as the world looks on and says nothing.

Israeli soldiers strapped injured Palestinian to jeep after West Bank arrest raid

https://news.sky.com/story/israeli-soldiers-strapped-injured-palestinian-to-jeep-after-west-bank-arrest-raid-13157408

Nearly 21,000 children are missing in Gaza. And there’s no end to this nightmare

https://www.theguardian.com/global/commentisfree/article/2024/jun/27/gaza-missing-children

This sentence in the first paragraph of the article sums it up:  After eight months of intense bombing, the most abject civilian suffering has been dangerously normalized.

If any Western leader was to be asked about the future of the Palestinian people (and the MSM are not going out of their way to ask) I’m sure they’d mutter some platitudes about a two-state solution, the reality of which gets further and further away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv2g8r0nppgo

I’d like to think that history will judge us harshly for allowing the tragedy in Gaza and the West Bank to unfold as it is happening but I’m beginning to think that we are heading for a dystopian future where it will at best ignored and at worst endorsed and justified.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If any Western leader was to be asked about the future of the Palestinian people (and the MSM are not going out of their way to ask) I’m sure they’d mutter some platitudes about a two-state solution, the reality of which gets further and further away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cv2g8r0nppgo

I’d like to think that history will judge us harshly for allowing the tragedy in Gaza and the West Bank to unfold as it is happening but I’m beginning to think that we are heading for a dystopian future where it will at best ignored and at worst endorsed and justified.

Does either side actually want a two-state solution? I've seen precious little evidence so far.

13 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Does either side actually want a two-state solution? I've seen precious little evidence so far.

It depends who you see as being the Palestinian’side’.

26 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The Israelis certainly don't.

4 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

A two state solution is impossible. It has been for many years. 

Posted (edited)

The latest attack by Russia on Ukraine which included the bombing of a hospital is front page news.  Without trying to excuse or diminish this shocking act it nonetheless highlights the hypocrisy of Western leaders.

Starmer has condemn Russia and is quoted by the BBC saying "attacking innocent children" was "the most depraved of actions" and promised continued support for Kyiv after the change of government in the UK.

Yeah Keir, attacking innocent children is indeed ‘depraved’ it’s just a pity you are not willing to condemn Israel whose depravation has been far greater n numerical terms.

Edited by Granny Danger

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The latest attack by Russia on Ukraine which included the bombing of a hospital is front page news.  Without trying to excuse or diminish this shocking act it nonetheless highlights the hypocrisy of Western leaders.

Starmer has condemn Russia and is quoted by the BBC saying "attacking innocent children" was "the most depraved of actions" and promised continued support for Kyiv after the change of government in the UK.

Yeah Keir, attacking innocent children is indeed ‘depraved’ it’s just a pity you are not willing to condemn Israel whose deprivation has been far greater n numerical terms.

Not being smart G D - change that to "depravation".

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

In the eyes of the politicians of the Western world the lives of Palestinians are both worthless and meaningless.

Its crazy to try & think Israelis don't realise the irony of commiting their own genocide.