Any One Been On A Cruise

pub car king

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went on the Ocean Village, summer 2005.

It was okay. There isn't anything more sound than the luxury of 24 hour eating.

It does however get quite tedious, especially on a fortnight long cruise. The entertainment is horrific (trapez artists, f**k off) etc.

The luxury thing was what I didn't like about it, I'm more used to roughing it.

Roughing it was okay when I was away with my mates on holiday. Now I am very much in favour of the luxury side of things. A water bungalow in the Maldives is more my thing now.

I went on the Ocean Village, summer 2005.

It was okay. There isn't anything more sound than the luxury of 24 hour eating.

It does however get quite tedious, especially on a fortnight long cruise. The entertainment is horrific (trapez artists, f**k off) etc.

I enjoyed the places more than the Cruise itself. My sister was the opposite.

There's only so much of 50 Italians, Spaniards and Germans doing the Samba on the top deck at 9am one can take.

• 4 years later...

Just booked up to go on one in Feb next year for honeymoon.

Spending a few days in Miami before hand and then going on a 7 night cruise that stops off in Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico and Bahamas.

Never been on a cruise before but done a bit of online research and seems decent for what we want, only thing I am unsure on is the excursions and whether to 1. Book with the cruise ship, 2. book our own excursions pre trip or 3. Play it by ear for when we are there

Has anyone been to any of these places in Feb/March before? I'm assuming i'll burn to a crisp

Just booked up to go on one in Feb next year for honeymoon.

Spending a few days in Miami before hand and then going on a 7 night cruise that stops off in Jamaica, Cayman Islands, Mexico and Bahamas.

Never been on a cruise before but done a bit of online research and seems decent for what we want, only thing I am unsure on is the excursions and whether to 1. Book with the cruise ship, 2. book our own excursions pre trip or 3. Play it by ear for when we are there

Has anyone been to any of these places in Feb/March before? I'm assuming i'll burn to a crisp

I am just back from the bahamas. Was pretty warm. 25-28 degrees most days. Pretty cloudy most days which gives you a break from the heat.

Ive been on 2 cruises,hawaii and panama canal.both times we have waited until we are on the ship before booking anything,however its worth talking to seasoned cruisers when your onboard and sometimes sharing a taxi/minbus type of thing works out better

depends on where your going ,if you are thinking of a florida/carribbean islands type its a pretty young crowd,but if your thinking of going round some european cities then it tends to be an older crowd,however the drunkest ive been on a cruise ship was with a couple of old boys who drank rum like water ohmy.gif

i still say this is the drunkest ive ever been

Guest honestrae95

Before the building of the Erskine Bridge my father used to take my brother and I on a cruise on this luxury liner.

post-13784-0-12555000-1367256956.jpg

About as tragic as a holiday to IKEA.

Went on my first cruise last year, on Queen Mary 2. Absolutely amazing! Certainly no danger of getting bored, with numerous bars and restaurants aboard. Add that to a large theatre, large cinema, ballroom and disco and you're sorted.

Only one complaint, I didn't feel we had enough time in the ports. I would have liked longer in Barcelona, certainly.

Was quite formal but I actually grew to enjoy that and the service is top-notch.

Archived