The David Clarkson Appreciation Thread

Been an awesome signing for us and today he equalled Alan Gilzean's record of 7 goals in 7 games for us. For a player that was snubbed by St Johnstone, Motherwell and Kilmarnock to being the form player in the league is quite something. If he keeps this up, he could be forcing himself back into the fringe sections of the Scotland squad.

Holds the ball up well even when he's not slotting and brings our midfield into the game. Despite his great start the focus is on his goals, and whilst that should be the case, even if he wasn't scoring he's been a striker Dundee have needed for a long, long time as he hassles defenders all day long. Really looking like the developed version of the big talent that Motherwell had back all them years ago.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been nothing short of superb since signing. I had my doubts tbf thought it would be another tankulic.

He is an old fashioned sort of bustling and hassling striker. Good range of passing, holds in and obviously knows how to finish.

Credit to greg Stewart also who has been very very good. Very clever player with bags of potential

RandomGuy., on 22 Nov 2014 - 19:01, said:

:lol:

What? Surely a player that is only 29, has played for the national team before and is currently the form player in the top flight of Scottish football can get a call-up if he keeps scoring? Currently the second top goalscorer in the league and has only played in half the matches played. I certainly don't think he'll get a start for Scotland, but if he keeps doing what he is doing there is no reason why he can't get at the very least a call-up.

What? Surely a player that is only 29, has played for the national team before and is currently the form player in the top flight of Scottish football can get a call-up if he keeps scoring? Currently the second top goalscorer in the league and has only played in half the matches played. I certainly don't think he'll get a start for Scotland, but if he keeps doing what he is doing there is no reason why he can't get at the very least a call-up.

Are you serious?

RandomGuy., on 22 Nov 2014 - 19:07, said:

Are you serious?

Semi-serious. Can't see him getting a call-up, but no reason for it to be seen as a laughable suggestion if he continues to score the way he's been scoring.

Semi-serious. Can't see him getting a call-up, but no reason for it to be seen as a laughable suggestion if he continues to score the way he's been scoring.

May scored almost 30 goals and never got a call up. If Clarkson gets 30 he won't get a call up. Rightly or wrongly you don't stand a chance unless you play for Celtic or down South

RussellAnderson, on 22 Nov 2014 - 19:48, said:

This thread could be bumped to the embarrassment of Dees in a few months

Of course it will be. The chances of Clarkson continuing to score a goal a game for the rest of the season or even roughly that is very much odds on against. That being said, at the here and now, he deserves the appreciation and it deserves to be enjoyed to the max whilst it lasts.

He's not gonna score for the rest of the season now. This will turn into the new 'Great Feeling at Cappielow' thread and I'll be shamed for evermore.

You're placing The Monti Curse upon him

Archived