Pregnancy And Parenting

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

I never witnessed that part fortunately, if they had told me she had lost 2.5 litres of blood I would have broke down probably.

Was that your last pregnancy or did you go on to have another one after that? There’s is a 10% chance of it happening again the next time, I think those are good odds considering how quickly she was seen to this time round, they will be even more prepared for it second time around and if it’s a 1/10 chance it doesn’t really scare me that much.

Pints surely? 2.5 litres is half her blood. :unsure2:

33 minutes ago, throbber said:

I never witnessed that part fortunately, if they had told me she had lost 2.5 litres of blood I would have broke down probably.

Was that your last pregnancy or did you go on to have another one after that? There’s is a 10% chance of it happening again the next time, I think those are good odds considering how quickly she was seen to this time round, they will be even more prepared for it second time around and if it’s a 1/10 chance it doesn’t really scare me that much.

That's very brave of you.

54 minutes ago, throbber said:

It was my last pregnancy. The chance of another retained placenta was too High a risk, I’d lost most of my blood and they were about to give me a full hysterectomy. Thankfully the balloon cathater worked but was kept in recovery for ages  as any hint bleeding I’d have been in and everything out.

My last mementoes before being knocked out was the registrar being told consultant was in building, they medics were in complete panic.

She was my third and there was no way I’d risk it again and I went and got sterilised. My GP’s totally agreed.

Had to fight with the doctor as I was single  (I’d left husband by then) at time and he clearly hadn’t read my medical file other than the summary of hospital admits which were mental health stuff. Why did single woman want sterilised......cause we still shag!!

On 2/24/2018 at 22:46, Gnash said:

I was changing my 18 month old's nappy this morning and suddenly felt a warm moist feeling on my face and body (I was topless).  In the next 2 seconds or so I tried to decipher this unexpected situation, before my conscious mind realised the only rational explanation  was that my beloved son had projectile shat on me.

After spending some considerable time cleaning myself and the carpet, I looked at the lad in quiet wonder that he managed to aim at, and successfully hit, my face with his faeces at a distance of about 2 feet and an upwards angle of about 45 degrees.

Turns out this was due to a flare up of his cow's milk protein intolerance.  Two weeks of vomiting every night and diahorrea through the day ain't pretty, but now he's been off the dairy for a few days it has calmed down.  It's a bugger because oat milk costs way more then cow's milk.  He'll be fine once he's used the oat milk as he'll never remember anything else.

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

My niece gave birth to a healthy daughter early this morning a couple of hours after her contractions started, her first birth. She's fine but has a third degree tear. Googled it and wished I hadn't, sounds fucking horrendous. I've had an anal fissure before which was the worst thing I've experienced, but this sounds worse.

Any P+Bers had a third degree tear?

My wife had one for our first child, but she was stitched up (in a good way) and after a few weeks was ok.  Had a caesarean for number 2 though, to avoid the risk of rupturing at the same spot again.

20 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

If anything you should be thanking Jimmy85 and his hard work with the NHS.

Jimmy85 has always said since he has been here on the forum he has worked for the NHS.

Let's be greatful.

Thank you

Jimmy served his Doctor's apprenticeship with Lichtie23 and is now a Hart Sturgeon.

59 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

If anything you should be thanking Jimmy85 and his hard work with the NHS.

Jimmy85 has always said since he has been here on the forum he has worked for the NHS.

Let's be greatful.

Thank you

I had a brief agency job collecting severed limbs and various bits and pieces from surgery and bunging them in an incinerator. I think @Jimmy85 would enjoy that. Only found out when one of the bags split open.

Edited by welshbairn

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I had a brief agency job collecting severed limbs and various bits and pieces from surgery and bunging them in an incinerator. I think @Jimmy85 would enjoy that. Only found out when one of the bags split open.

Did the arse fall out of one of the bags? 

6 minutes ago, sjc said:

Did the arse fall out of one of the bags? 

Boom boom. A foot. It was a bit disconcerting, but strangely more funny than shocking. Loads of bloody rags and needles and shit as well. A bit messy.

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Boom boom. A foot. It was a bit disconcerting, but strangely more funny than shocking. Loads of bloody rags and needles and shit as well. A bit messy.

Why weren't the needles in a sharps box? Sounds dangerous.

6 minutes ago, sjc said:

Why weren't the needles in a sharps box? Sounds dangerous.

It was the early eighties, sure they're more careful now. Also my memory might be degenerating, does sound a bit daft. Before someone puts up the "did you aye" dog meme, my brain tells me the foot was definitely real.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It was the early eighties, sure they're more careful now. Also my memory might be degenerating, does sound a bit daft. Before someone puts up the "did you aye" dog meme, my brain tells me the foot was definitely real.

Don't worry, everyone knows that every single Poster on P&B has never left the house in their lives.....Walter Mittys one and all!

10 minutes ago, sjc said:

Don't worry, everyone knows that every single Poster on P&B has never left the house in their lives.....Walter Mittys one and all!

If you show the picture of throbber's baby to your wife you may destroy the Matrix. Think before you do it.

Youngest granddaughter baptised yesterday. It was the same minister that did her elder sister, 8 years ago, he must be well into his 80s, certainly made me wonder where the time has gone. That's the first time I've been in that church since then.

Back to step daughters for food and a chat, then home (via Tesco, for some unknown reason.)

47 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Youngest granddaughter baptised yesterday. It was the same minister that did her elder sister, 8 years ago, he must be well into his 80s, certainly made me wonder where the time has gone. That's the first time I've been in that church since then.

Back to step daughters for food and a chat, then home (via Tesco, for some unknown reason.)

We had a strange occurrence with our two's baptisms. The same priest baptised my two sons. He was new to the parish and baptising my eldest was his first action at the church, then he was heading back out to take up some position in Rome when it came to baptising my youngest which turned out to be his last action at the church.

My eldest is 5 this week. Everyone always said your kids will grow up fast, but I am genuinely shocked how true that is.