Pregnancy And Parenting

My partner gave birth to a beautiful baby boy last night at 11.30pm! :thumsup2

Mother and baby are doing really well -in fact, I'm collecting them at 9 o'clock today to go home. His name is Joseph and he's wonderful!

:D

Mother and baby are doing really well -in fact, I'm collecting them at 9 o'clock today to go home. His name is Joseph and he's wonderful!

Congratulations!! :D

:D Congrats mate. Best feeling in the world.

Congrats mate! :D

Cheers folks!

Here's the man of the moment weighing in at 7lb 5oz.

post-3980-1236360316_thumb.jpg

Congrats on the new arrival.

re Monster's post: did something happen big 9 months ago? Like a big celebration or something? Loads of P&B sprogs of late. When Madison was born, Ninewells was chocker - the midwives commented on how busy they'd been that week (mind you, it is Dundee)

Cheers folks!

Here's the man of the moment weighing in at 7lb 5oz.

post-3980-1236360316_thumb.jpg

Congratulations buddy. Is that your first?

Congrats on the new arrival.

re Monster's post: did something happen big 9 months ago? Like a big celebration or something? Loads of P&B sprogs of late. When Madison was born, Ninewells was chocker - the midwives commented on how busy they'd been that week (mind you, it is Dundee)

The summer of love?

There must have been a two day heatwave.

Nine months since the Scottish Cup Final. :ph34r:;)

Although Cresswell (Maternity Unit, Dumfries) actually wasn't all that busy.

Congratulations buddy. Is that your first?

Cheers!

No, he's my second son and I've got a 15 year old step-daughter, too.

Although Cresswell (Maternity Unit, Dumfries) actually wasn't all that busy.

Yep - Stirling was really quiet too. We were the only ones in the labour suite! Incidentally, can't praise the midwives enough. They were absolutely fantastic. Caring, compassionate, friendly, but efficient and professional as well.

Mmm, really don't want to spend 5k on a second car, even with a generous trade in on her Yaris that's still way more than I want to spend.

I am going to have a look at things in terms of sticking it in the front seat at home tonight. I'm informed by my friend that they think it can be removed but only by a Toyota dealer and they will make us sign a waiver before they do it (which is fair enough of course). I'd like to maybe look at getting a 51 plate Golf or Focus or something similar but beggars can't be choosers and we'll probably need to move fast rather than wait around for the right car.

Checking also to see if my mother's three door Fiesta has a front passenger airbag. If it doesn't then a car swap is a possibility but if it does then we're no further forward.

Having said all that, we've just spent £5k on a 5 door Fiesta this morning (less a generous trade in on the Toyota) having taken it for a test drive and checked the fit of the car seat. 06 plate so newer than I ideally wanted but it's a good deal, a good car and ticks the boxes.

Hopefully get it actually changed for Wednesday subject to getting insurance sorted out in time.

Yep - Stirling was really quiet too. We were the only ones in the labour suite! Incidentally, can't praise the midwives enough. They were absolutely fantastic. Caring, compassionate, friendly, but efficient and professional as well.

Can you remember the names of any of the midwives? Hilary is the best one there.