Pregnancy And Parenting

my opinion on it wait until the first scan and get past 12 weeks

Agreed.

I wouldn't bother with buying baby names book... There's thousands of websites with names.

We've still to decide on names for our little boy who'll be showing up in 14 weeks, we've a list but i'd prefer to wait untill i see what he looks like.

Edited by Cyber_soccer

Fair enough I thought it might be too soon. I'm amazed at how excitable I am about the whole thing I thought I would be the practical one worrying about money and where to put all the stuff.

Don't worry, that will come soon! :P

Charlie has been teething quite badly this week, he has never got his fingers out of his mouth just now, resorting to chewing on the wee syringe thing that I put his Calpol in when his fingers aren't doing the job. It's the back ones that are coming in, the rest are all through but these ones seem to be taking ages.

Fair enough I thought it might be too soon. I'm amazed at how excitable I am about the whole thing I thought I would be the practical one worrying about money and where to put all the stuff.

There is lots of it! You'll buy/recieve things which never have the tags taken off them!

What a night we had last night. She woke up at about 2 this morning in a lot of pain, phoned the midwives and were told to go up to PRI. Pain wasn't going away so she was given morphine and then transferred to ninewells. Did blood tests and things there, nothing came up, and the pain disappeared. Got home about 11 this morning, absolutely shattered, but everyone is fine, so it's all good.

They thought it could be the start of labour, so we'll see what happens over the next day or so.

What a night we had last night. She woke up at about 2 this morning in a lot of pain, phoned the midwives and were told to go up to PRI. Pain wasn't going away so she was given morphine and then transferred to ninewells. Did blood tests and things there, nothing came up, and the pain disappeared. Got home about 11 this morning, absolutely shattered, but everyone is fine, so it's all good.

They thought it could be the start of labour, so we'll see what happens over the next day or so.

Sleep when you can bud.

All the best with it. My first boy meant loads of trips up and down to the mat unit and I was zonked by the time he came out.

Well it's been confirmed by the gp she has to see the midwife in three weeks. Been given a rough date of September 15th. Shit just got real

Congrats!!!

How long till the due date now?

I had similar the week and then the day before my labour started, so try and get as much sleep as possible :) Good luck.

I have a growth scan and see my consultant today.

Edited by Rowan

Well as of today Natalie's officially in her third trimester, she's handled it all pretty well so far! We're getting there, I can imagine it flying in for me, not so much for the missus once she's on maternity leave with a bump the size of a house.

Question; Last night she was woke up with bad cramp in her leg...this might sound daft but is that a pregnancy thing?

Edited because I left the P* off the word bump, probably wouldn't have went down well on this thread :lol:

Edited by Cyber_soccer

Question; Last night she was woke up with bad cramp in her leg...this might sound daft but is that a pregnancy thing?

Yes, very much so! I woke up screaming at 4am one morning and my husband shat himself as he thought I'd gone into labour... Bananas are good, apparently?

Yes, very much so! I woke up screaming at 4am one morning and my husband shat himself as he thought I'd gone into labour... Bananas are good, apparently?

Last week I had crap in lower legs for 36 hours :( Low potassium levels I think.