Pregnancy And Parenting

Many thanks both. I know they'll bounce back, it's just hard going at the moment.

On the brighter news front, Steven has gone to bed and is sleeping peacefully at the moment and Thomas had three hours sleep this afternoon which is the most he's had in one go in days and has apparently woken in a happy mood and is playing away at granny's. I'm away to watch the NFL playoffs hopefully in peace!

Will see how they are tomorrow but if they are no worse I'm going to work for a while at least.

Been a bloody marvelous weekend again. Both boys up at the Infirmary After Hours Clinic today and they've both thrown up all over me twice in the last couple of days. Not sure who is closer to running out of clothes, them or me!

Thomas has bronchialitis apparently, which just means whatever he has, it's causing him to wheeze and cough a lot and he isn't getting any sleep (and therefore neither are we). He was up every hour last night. He's away to his granny's tonight partly to give us a rest but mainly because Steven is also ill now. He has a virus and cough which he's been dealing with for a few days now. He's not having anything like the difficulty Thomas has been but he erupted into a fairly dramatic rash all over his back, chest and scalp today which we thought was chicken pox but it isn't. It's just a side effect of the virus, much like Thomas had a fortnight ago but not quite a dramatic as that.

My car knows it's own way to the hospital now and I think we're there more often than some of the staff! Been a hell of a start to the year. It's so incredibly difficult and frustrating when infants are ill because they can't tell you what's wrong and they don't understand it. You feel so incredibly useless. :(

Christ man - you're on a roll.

You'll probably all look back on this one day and laugh, but it really does sound like no fun at all for any of you.

All the best.

Many thanks both. I know they'll bounce back, it's just hard going at the moment.

On the brighter news front, Steven has gone to bed and is sleeping peacefully at the moment and Thomas had three hours sleep this afternoon which is the most he's had in one go in days and has apparently woken in a happy mood and is playing away at granny's. I'm away to watch the NFL playoffs hopefully in peace!

Will see how they are tomorrow but if they are no worse I'm going to work for a while at least.

For a rest by the sounds of it! :lol:

Poor wee men, they'll soon bounce back but it's hard going. Hopefully they'll both be better for their birthday's.

Christ man - you're on a roll.

You'll probably all look back on this one day and laugh, but it really does sound like no fun at all for any of you.

All the best.

It's ok. I see I'm lying about it all apparently. :angry:

Thanks though (and to others unquoted). Took the day off today. Steven was ok and a had a decent night but was a wee bit grouchy this morning. Thomas wasn't very happy with life this morning though. Wheezing a lot and listless again so I didn't want to leave Granny to deal with both of them. Took them a walk this afternoon and they are a wee bit brighter tonight. Got them away to bed. Steven's rash is definitely fading so he's probably on the mend albeit still coughing horribly at times. Thomas has been breathing much better today so hopefully he'll pick up soon. He was cheery enough this evening though a bit clingy at bed time. Wee man seems to get knocked back by everything going. He hasn't really been properly healthy since New Year's Day. :(

Back to work tomorrow though. I have a client to see in the morning so I need to go in (yes Rowan, undeniably for a rest too!). Hopefully they''ll be a bit better tomorrow. If not I'll take the afternoon off.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I'm delighted to announce baby dhd arrived at 6.55 this morning. We have a wee boy, weighing in at 8lb 3. Both mum and baby are fine.

I'm shattered, but sheer delight is keeping me awake.

Congratulations. Glad both well and that is a great weght! Well done to mum!

I'm delighted to announce baby dhd arrived at 6.55 this morning. We have a wee boy, weighing in at 8lb 3. Both mum and baby are fine.

Congratulations :D

You think you're tired now :lol: You have no idea.

Congratulations. No name yet?

Does he have a season ticket or any shares yet? ;)

Sleep? Mwwwwwooohhaaa haa haaa haaa haaa.

You might consider getting some in a couple of years!

Good luck, its great fun.

Sleep? I remember that. I got a really good night's sleep once back in the day. Not entirely sure I can remember when it was though!

Congratulations. No name yet?

Does he have a season ticket or any shares yet? ;)

Sleep? I remember that. I got a really good night's sleep once back in the day. Not entirely sure I can remember when it was though!

16/2/09?!