Pregnancy And Parenting

Hannah will be 3 in May. We had been trying but no luck for 4 or 5 months, then we made the decision to leave it a while so we could save up etc etc...... then BOOM, Adolfo comes good (pun intended).

:D

Congrats :D

Went for the first scan today. So we rock up to the local Hospital what an absolute shit hole the maternity bit was a right dingy scabby looking place looked more like a Turkish prison than the 21st century nhs. Anyone still upbeat we go to the reception get sent to another reception then sent back then ushered into a cupboard sized room for the sonograph still uPbeat until the most monosyllabic woman in history does the procedure we had to practically go to water torture levels of interrogation to get any kind of information. And to top it all they had fucked up and all our details were wrong after further interrogation.

Rant over sorry to go on but it was quite an exciting thing for us and the shine was well and truely taken off it.

Now the important thing baby is healthy and well and we are 13 weeks in.

Now the important thing baby is healthy and well and we are 13 weeks in.

Excellent!

I'm a week away today from where I was when I went into labour with Ruairidh, we're pretty much organised and have the babysitters lined up for Ruairidh!

Natalie's just had a regular appointment with the midwife,

"Oh, The baby's heads right down there" were the midwifes words as she was having the usual prod. This and comments such as "don't you go before 37 weeks" as we were leaving seems to suggest this little man may appear early.

Anyhoo..everythings seems to be in check with the baby! We need to get ourselves organised properly now just incase.

Natalie's just had a regular appointment with the midwife,

"Oh, The baby's heads right down there" were the midwifes words as she was having the usual prod. This and comments such as "don't you go before 37 weeks" as we were leaving seems to suggest this little man may appear early.

Anyhoo..everythings seems to be in check with the baby! We need to get ourselves organised properly now just incase.

How many weeks are you? I think the head (I'm sure Ayrgirl will correct me if I'm wrong!) can engage as early as 34 weeks.

Yep, that's what we were told at the classes, although Josh's head didn't engage fully until 40 weeks.

Ruairidh's head was engaged when I was checked at 36 weeks and I went at 36wks and 6 but was told that esp with the first the head being engaged didn't meant I would go early....!

I'm 36 weeks today so I'm on any day now mode......I'll prob go to 42 weeks this time!!

The general rule of thumb is that first babies tend to get head down and engage early, but it doesn't mean you'll go early at all. Second babies can leave it right til the last minute.

The way I'm walking at the moment, my guess is that this baby hasn't left it until the last minute!

Baby number 4 now on the way. had the 12 week scan a couple of days so it's time to tell folk at last. been horrendous keeping it a secret, there's only so long the wife could get away with blaming Christmas on her getting a bit more portly! The other 3 can now relax too as they've been worried about mummy being sick every morning! current head count in the house is two male, 3 female so me and the boy are hoping for the "3 wee lines" in the next scan! was the most active scan we've had, the bub was kicking off one side of the womb and sliding down the other, looked like good fun, could just about hear the "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee" to go with it.

Baby number 4 now on the way. had the 12 week scan a couple of days so it's time to tell folk at last. been horrendous keeping it a secret, there's only so long the wife could get away with blaming Christmas on her getting a bit more portly! The other 3 can now relax too as they've been worried about mummy being sick every morning! current head count in the house is two male, 3 female so me and the boy are hoping for the "3 wee lines" in the next scan! was the most active scan we've had, the bub was kicking off one side of the womb and sliding down the other, looked like good fun, could just about hear the "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee" to go with it.

Think you need to find a hobby :lol:

Congratulations! You'll have a house full....one more for a 5's team!

Congrats! 4 kids! You're braver than me, that's for sure! I'm struggling with one at the mo...

There's no way we could cope with more than two, certainly not if a third was anything like No 2! We also don't have the space for any more.

To be fair I guess it might be a wee bit easier if 1 or more of the older ones are old enough to be a little independent.

Congratulations Ginga. All the best.