Pregnancy And Parenting

A big congrats to G man on the imminent arrival of his new son/daughter. Also, don't worry about Kyle as you certainly seem like a very caring and active father. His words will come. He'll be saying DAB before you know it! ;)

Josh's top teeth are now coming in, which meant I got a whole 4 hours sleep last night as he was up screaming a couple of times and wouldn't settle again :(

On the up side, he managed to pull himself up using the bars of his cot for the first time today. And he was weighed the other day, he's up to 20lb11, time for a new car seat!

My son is 2 year old n 1 month n still hardly speaks. Keep getting told once he talks you wont get hin to stop but still kids at his age i know of are speaking very well.

My middle son spoke ridiculously well at 1.5 years old (more fluently than some 4 year olds). He is now 4, has a stutter and is probably less fluent in his speech than he was two years ago. Don't compare your kid to others - he'll get there in his own time.

Yeah, that's the experience we (mainly my wife to be honest) had as well, although your poor wee one sounds even worse than my boy Callum was. We tried several different medicines, each with varying degrees of success. Gaviscon, Colief, Infacol, Carobel and changed his milk to Neocate. The clear winner was Carobel, which is basically just a feed thickener, but it almost stopped the sickness and the post-feed screaming. To some extent he just grew out of it as well.

Missed this yesterday, I asked about Carobel and my HV laughed at me, cheeky cow, and said they don't prescribe it any more which is bull shite.

So I have come home from hospital appointment today with a mummy baby! Head to toe in bandges. She's on stronger creams, eumovate on face and betovate for her body and liquid parafin all over and then body bangages all over. She has sever excema and it looks like our pet dogs days with us are numbered. :(

Any tips for dealing with a biting toddler? Our daughter (about 20 months) seems to be in a habit of biting other children in nursery, mostly due to disputes over toys etc, but this has been going on for a while now. Yesterday we had to sign an incident report form because she had bitten another child and left a mark on her/him. Anyone else experienced this?

Any tips for dealing with a biting toddler? Our daughter (about 20 months) seems to be in a habit of biting other children in nursery, mostly due to disputes over toys etc, but this has been going on for a while now. Yesterday we had to sign an incident report form because she had bitten another child and left a mark on her/him. Anyone else experienced this?

Yes, Steven used to bite all the time. He's getting a bit better now and bites far less often but he still does it occasionally. He's not at nursery yet so it's his brother he usually bites (or me). You know when Thomas starts screaming and comes running what's happened and it's usually easily seen somewhere on him a bite mark. Mum has taken to biting him back to discourage it.

Thomas never really did it even though he had far more teeth at a far earlier stage. However he does go to nursery and we have on one occasion had an incident form to sign when he bit another boy when he took a car from Thomas. That appears to have been a one off with him though so we've done nothing about it.

Hannibal-Lecter-villains-23622840-295-340.jpg

Missed this yesterday, I asked about Carobel and my HV laughed at me, cheeky cow, and said they don't prescribe it any more which is bull shite.

We certainly get it on prescription.

Good to here your wee girl is getting better. 8)

The wee mans at the doctors this morning. Really chesty cough, almost sounds as if he's barking. Poor wee guy, although it doesn't seem to be bothering him too much we thought we should get him checked out before it potentially turns into anything worse.

The wee mans at the doctors this morning. Really chesty cough, almost sounds as if he's barking. Poor wee guy, although it doesn't seem to be bothering him too much we thought we should get him checked out before it potentially turns into anything worse.

Definitely get him checked out. Although experience tells me there's not much the GP can do anyway. They'll either prescribe Calpol and tell you to watch him closely until he gets better or send him to A&E / Ward 15 if they think it's serious already.

Thomas in particular often had colds that didn't seem to bother him at all for a few days and then suddenly went rapidly downhill, struggling to breathe and was on constant oxygen and inhalers at the Infimary within an hour. It was astonishing how quickly it would change after seemingly days of it not bothering him. That's happened once with Steven also.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Definitely get him checked out. Although experience tells me there's not much the GP can do anyway. They'll either prescribe Calpol and tell you to watch him closely until he gets better or send him to A&E / Ward 15 if they think it's serious already.

Thomas in particular often had colds that didn't seem to bother him at all for a few days and then suddenly went rapidly downhill, struggling to breathe and was on constant oxygen and inhalers at the Infimary within an hour. It was astonishing how quickly it would change after seemingly days of it not bothering him. That's happened once with Steven also.

Thanks for putting the shits up me SD :P

He's got an appointment at half ten this morning.

Its not stemmed from a cold, as far as i'm aware. His nose a clear so that'll ease it a wee bit. Its a wee bit concerning though because he really does sound chesty, and for the first time this morning he was quite wheezy. Gladly he's having no problem breathing whatsoeva, at the moment.

Edited by Cyber_soccer

Thanks for putting the shits up me SD :P

He's got an appointment at half ten this morning.

Its not stemmed from a cold, as far as i'm aware. His nose a clear so that'll ease it a wee bit. Its a wee bit concerning though because he really does sound chesty, and for the first time this morning he was quite wheezy. Gladly he's having no problem breathing whatsoeva, at the moment.

Sorry! :ph34r:

I'm sure he'll be fine. Just illustrating you are right to get him looked at. Doctor's don't consider it a waste of their time to assure you he's fine.