Pregnancy And Parenting

well one week ago today she was well into her labour yet the pair of them are still not home :( my wife is still in intensive care due to having kidney problems the higlight being the night when her sodium levels turned to shit and she was behaving like some kind of zombie on a bad lsd trip but she has turned the corner and is doing very well also pissing like a race horse and all being well she can return to the maternity ward in 24-48 hours. baby girl is absolutly fine she is still in so she can be closer to mum and it has made things a lot easier for me. so folks the moral of the story is the line "mother and baby doing well" is not to be underestimated

well one week ago today she was well into her labour yet the pair of them are still not home :( my wife is still in intensive care due to having kidney problems the higlight being the night when her sodium levels turned to shit and she was behaving like some kind of zombie on a bad lsd trip but she has turned the corner and is doing very well also pissing like a race horse and all being well she can return to the maternity ward in 24-48 hours. baby girl is absolutly fine she is still in so she can be closer to mum and it has made things a lot easier for me. so folks the moral of the story is the line "mother and baby doing well" is not to be underestimated

Read through this and got to the bit "baby girl is absolutely fine" and breathed a sigh of relief, and at least your wife is now on the road to recovery.

They horse out new born babies far too quickly now, they used to keep mother & child in for a week.

Our latest grandchild was kept in for a whole 48 hours as there were "concerns", he was sleeping too much which is what I thought babies did in between feeding - which appear to have been misplaced, he is home now a week, but it looks like he has a reflux problem, which runs in the family, at least on his mother's side, so that has to be seen about There's aye something..

Anyway, things are heading in the right direction in your house, which is good.

The mother had severe pre eclampsia which resulted in something called hellp syndrome I made the mistake of looking it up it can be pretty nasty so we have got off lightly. It has been toughnenough with a sick wife don't know how I would have coped with a sick baby? Anyhow netter news this morning she can be moved from intensive care to maternity this afternoon/ tonight where she will have the baby with her all the time

The mother had severe pre eclampsia which resulted in something called hellp syndrome I made the mistake of looking it up it can be pretty nasty so we have got off lightly. It has been toughnenough with a sick wife don't know how I would have coped with a sick baby? Anyhow netter news this morning she can be moved from intensive care to maternity this afternoon/ tonight where she will have the baby with her all the time

Pre eclampsia is not nice - one of our daughters was rushed from our local maternity unit to Antrim General because of p.e., fortunately everything was O.K. for mother and child, said child started secondary school last week. Wouldn't happen now as our local maternity unit is closed. :o (As indeed is 95% of the rest of the hospital!)