Pregnancy And Parenting

Vomitting bug. No wet nappy in 24 hrs. Took them ten hours of obs to decide on drip. Limp, lethargic dry baby......... But must wait on bloods. Thankfully consultant for her allergies past on way home and read riot act.

My grandaughter Ava was 1 yesterday and what a year it's been. She still makes small steps and i still feel priveliged to be her Grandad. Many tears have rolled down my cheek in the last year and no doubt many more will come. She still amazes us everyday

Our little one has a broken claviclesad.gif

Almost 3 weeks on, she has been as good as gold, however, she has been screaming the place down the past 2 hours and it seems to be the collarbone that's giving her a lot of pain. We thought it was healing pretty well, obviously not. Left with no choice to get her checked, we can't have her in this much pain all night.

I think I've been spoiled so far with my wee one. 6 weeks old on Monday. For past 2 weeks she has went down at roughly 10 pm, wakes for a feed about 3am then up again about 7 am, just as I get up for work. She rarely cries, only agitation when she's hungry. Have I struck it lucky? Has anybody had a similar kid and seen the early patterns remain or will this go Pete tong and I'll get a huge serving of feck-you-this-is-what-real-parenting-is-about from my daughter? Also, at the 6 week stage do you think it's ok to let them sleep as long as they wish? Or better to wake them to continue a more structured feeding pattern? Cheers.

I think I've been spoiled so far with my wee one. 6 weeks old on Monday. For past 2 weeks she has went down at roughly 10 pm, wakes for a feed about 3am then up again about 7 am, just as I get up for work. She rarely cries, only agitation when she's hungry. Have I struck it lucky? Has anybody had a similar kid and seen the early patterns remain or will this go Pete tong and I'll get a huge serving of feck-you-this-is-what-real-parenting-is-about from my daughter? Also, at the 6 week stage do you think it's ok to let them sleep as long as they wish? Or better to wake them to continue a more structured feeding pattern? Cheers.

Don't question it. Just enjoy it. It may all change, it my not. Both my second and fourth babies have been angels. The second was like that until he reached toddlerhood, my youngest is 7 months and still doesn't cry, he laughs and smiles and cuddles and squeals, but never cries. Just enjoy it while you have it.

Regarding your question, it depends on other things, such as what you're doing now and if she's gaining weight normally. It might be an idea to have a chat with your health visitor as they'll have your details there. Personally, I'm not keen on the idea of waking a sleeping baby, but there certainly are times when it's necessary and I've needed to do it. Sorry, it's a vague answer!

Don't question it. Just enjoy it. It may all change, it my not. Both my second and fourth babies have been angels. The second was like that until he reached toddlerhood, my youngest is 7 months and still doesn't cry, he laughs and smiles and cuddles and squeals, but never cries. Just enjoy it while you have it.

Regarding your question, it depends on other things, such as what you're doing now and if she's gaining weight normally. It might be an idea to have a chat with your health visitor as they'll have your details there. Personally, I'm not keen on the idea of waking a sleeping baby, but there certainly are times when it's necessary and I've needed to do it. Sorry, it's a vague answer!

Thanks.