Pregnancy And Parenting

Congrats to any new parent, and any parent to be.:)

I'm hoping that there's a few teachers that read this, or indeed anyone that might know the answer! My wee boy is in P3, and part of his writing/spelling homework this week is to write sentences containing "rainbow consonants". The wife and I are at a blank - what are "rainbow consonants"??!

Edited by mozam76

Congrats to any new parent, and any parent to be.:)

I'm hoping that there's a few teachers that read this, or indeed anyone that might know the answer! My wee boy is in P3, and part of his writing/spelling homework this week is to write sentences containing "rainbow consonants". The wife and I are at a blank - what are "rainbow consonants"??!

Never heard of it but a quick google suggests there's a teaching aid that involves coloured "rainbow cards" with consonant sounds to make words from. It does seem to be American though. :unsure:

I've never heard of rainbow consonants either!

Nimah has ecoli urine infection and is still a horrible grey colour but her temp is stable and she's happy in herself.

She also got her first shoes yesterday as she is almost away. Wee start rite ones!

I've never heard of rainbow consonants either!

Nimah has ecoli urine infection and is still a horrible grey colour but her temp is stable and she's happy in herself.

She also got her first shoes yesterday as she is almost away. Wee start rite ones!

Where did you get her shoes from Rowan?

I know it's really important we get the right type and fit...I imagine somewhere like Clarkes will be our best bet?

Edited by Cyber_soccer

I know it's really important we get the right type and fit...I imagine somewhere like Clarkes will be our best bet?

An independant shoe shop when I was in largs yesterday. She's only just a size 2 and Clarks a) don't do them that small and b) I don't like their girls shows. I only have them on for short periods so far to get her used to them and support her ankles now shes standing alot of the time and cruising.

I use clarks for my sons shoes though and have found them good so long as I don't get the ones with suede as I didn't find they lasted well.

I'm a shoe snob though and refuse to buy cheap ones. I also didn't use pram shoes. Thankfully Ruairidh's feet don't grow nearly as fast any more so I'm getting alot more wear out a pair, he's been an 8 since August.

My inlaws tend to give us vouchers for shoes for birthdays/Christmases and Niamh's were part of her 1st birthday present.

Never heard of it but a quick google suggests there's a teaching aid that involves coloured "rainbow cards" with consonant sounds to make words from. It does seem to be American though. :unsure:

I kid you not - having spoken to his teacher it transpires that all he has to do is write down his words, three times each as normal, and then highlight the consonants in each word, in a different array of colours.

I'm honestly not sure whether to <_< or :lol:.

I wouldnt go near Clarks. We had problems with them when ours started. Didnt measure the feet properly and when they did they managed to actually send us home with shoes a different size from what they had measured. Very amateur and poor service.

I couldnt recommend the Pied Piper highly enough though. Private kids shoe shop on English Street just next to the Clydesdale Bank. Woman there is superb and wont sell them shoes they dont need. Gives good advice too. Wouldnt go past it.

I wouldnt go near Clarks. We had problems with them when ours started. Didnt measure the feet properly and when they did they managed to actually send us home with shoes a different size from what they had measured. Very amateur and poor service.

I couldnt recommend the Pied Piper highly enough though. Private kids shoe shop on English Street just next to the Clydesdale Bank. Woman there is superb and wont sell them shoes they dont need. Gives good advice too. Wouldnt go past it.

Cheers SD.

That'll be our fist port of call.

My wee one Spends her day on her feet cruising around the furniture and is pretty close to progressing to the drunken sailor!

How old is she shuggie?

Zaks very similar, cruising at a hundred mile an hour. He's doesnt look too interested in attempting them first steps yet though, it'll be some shock when he eventually goes for it. Don't know whether i'll do a mckee lauging or cry when it happens :rolleyes:

Zaks very similar, cruising at a hundred mile an hour. He's doesnt look too interested in attempting them first steps yet though, it'll be some shock when he eventually goes for it. Don't know whether i'll do a mckee lauging or cry when it happens :rolleyes:

Zak and Niamh are about the same age aren't they? Niamh is one a week on Monday.

We've never had any problems with Clarks. We dont shop there as often, now the kids are a bit older, but we got pretty much all their shoes there when they were younger.

We've never had any problems with Clarks. We dont shop there as often, now the kids are a bit older, but we got pretty much all their shoes there when they were younger.

You can only take things as you find them. We wouldn't go back. Their whole attitude when we went back and pointed out their error was appalling. Anyone can make a mistake, it's how they deal with it that tells you much about them. For a similar reason I'll never by another Ford car. I accept that I could buy another hundred pairs of shoes from Clarks and two dozen Ford cars and likely not have any problems but as I was very disappointed in how both handled problems when they did occur I won't be back.