Pregnancy And Parenting

Don't exactly see the correlation, but well done nevertheless - on both counts.

There isn't one it was juat a nice coincidence.

See watching things like One Born Every Minute and The Midwives, I'm always alright until the new dads start blubbing. That's normally enough to set me off as well. All you proud daddies on here are gving me big grins and watery eyes, you wee buggers.

I currently start greeting at opening credits and cry at various points through out. It's my hormones lol.

I was watching OBEM that I sky+ at the weekend and was in stiches at the bloke, he's on the phone telling someone that they had had a wee girl and called her faith "I don't give a shit if you like it or not, thats her name!"

You mean the one with the 18 year old that wasn't happy about being pregnant until the baby was born? I could imagine loads of people watching it and judging her, but I just felt so sorry for her. It must have been a big shock for her to find out and not everyone finds it easy to come to terms with, let alone bond with the baby. I felt bad watching it knowing that there'd be so many people thinking badly of her when she just couldn't help it.

It wasn't so much that that got to me (although it did, and I think fearing that you wont bond with your baby is a natural thing to be worried about - the 18 year old was lovely and I was so chuffed that she seemed happier after the birth), it was the couple that didn't have a cooker and the woman who had had her baby taken from her by social services because of the dad (was it her 5th child?). When the midwife got a thank you card, I was in bits. I don't know how they do it. :(

All we can get Madi to say is "hiya" and "dog". There is the occasional "mum". Dad doesn't get a look in, she's not interested in learning thatdry.gif

I wouldn't worry about it. It won't be long before the only word you'll get out of her is "no". "Tidy this mess up!". "No!". "Eat your dinner!". "No!", and so on. You'll miss these days. :(

Yup, last night my son told me I wasn't his friend any more. Which lasted until he needed help and I said no because I wasn't his friend!

Niamh can say no, up, bye, something very close to thank you, mum mum mum mum mum, and daddddyyyyy.

She generally also makes lots of noise all sodding day long.

I remember the conception of our daughter, who was born in April there. We were at her mum's house as we were buying a new house. At it like teenagers, being quiet in case we got caught!

Our daughter was concived in a similar manner with us having moved in with her folks after giving up our rented flat to house search and saving towards the deposit. We were in the attic and thankfully her brother and parents always have their stereo or TV blaring. I am also thankful her brother, despite being a fellow P&B'er, is unlikely to check this thread. :lol:

She turned 3 last month, to think this thread wasn't even 100 pages long when she was born!

Edited by nelsjfc

She turned 3 last month, to think this thread wasn't even 100 pages long when she was born!

One of the great things about this thread is the ability to pick pretty much any page over the last three and a bit years and find a post within a page or two reminding me of a stage in development or some incident or other. It's a great scrapbook of memories in many ways. P&B Gold. :D