Pregnancy And Parenting

My wee boy is 5 on Monday, I've just been checking my posts of 5 years ago on this thread....

I really did know f**k all :lol:

Not trying to be funny here but the thread is only three years old (ok, nearly four). Definitely not five though. :unsure:

It's been quite a four years though. When it started I was a month or so from becoming a father for the first time. I've learned a HELL of a lot since then. And done things I'd never have expected to do. And experienced joys I never thought I would. There's been some hard parts, not least when both kids have had stays in hospital and on occasion been seriously unwell but I wouldn't change a thing about either of them.

What a rollercoaster. :D:eek:

Good luck to anyone about to become a parent again. :thumsup2

She still doesn't want to know....but it's torturing me.

Also, the past few weeks all I've been getting is "Is it a boy or a girl?"...."We don't know"....."Well what are you hoping for?" What am I hoping for? A baby with a bit of luck. What kind of question is that to ask someone?dry.gif

Aye its a bit of a silly question really for most normal people. However in Mrs A's case she is very upfront about the whole thing and wants a girl. Her face when Daniel was born was a picture of relief, love and above all fear that a wee man will tear her house apart - which became true!laugh.gif

I'm not fussed what we have. In fact I tend to switch off during the pregnancy for the most part as there is pretty much nowt else I can do other than be there for my wife. For me the hard work starts when the wee ones are born. When my wife was pregnant with my oldest I was so bloody excited, the nine months felt like a lifetime so I try and play it cool.

Not trying to be funny here but the thread is only three years old (ok, nearly four). Definitely not five though. :unsure:

It's been quite a four years though. When it started I was a month or so from becoming a father for the first time. I've learned a HELL of a lot since then. And done things I'd never have expected to do. And experienced joys I never thought I would. There's been some hard parts, not least when both kids have had stays in hospital and on occasion been seriously unwell but I wouldn't change a thing about either of them.

What a rollercoaster. :D:eek:

Good luck to anyone about to become a parent again. :thumsup2

Your right it's my pm's to Ayrgirl I was reading.

Totally agree with the above.

Anyway, for any new parents out there, dont't panic, we all knew f**k all when we started, and we all are crazy decisions at times.

Well,ended upat the hospital yesterday as he'd started to dry out a bit and had had pretty bad runs. Consultant on duty diagnosed almost straight away with an allergy to milk protein. Heading down there just now to pick up his new prescription milk, so hopefully within the week his shits will settle down and fingers crossed we can all get a little more sleep again.Seemingly he'll be on this till he's 18 months at which point a dietician will help us re-introduce cow's milk.Thanks for the advice people

Which milk have they put him on? Neocate? Let us know how you get on. Glad the consultant was on the ball as the other doctor sounded like he fobbed you off.

We had to try a tiny amount of hidden dairy about a month ago. Not even a teaspoon full cooked in a pot of something and we had days of the runs!

Edited to add: Did they give you any advice re weaning as kids who are milk intolerant can also be sensitive to things like soya and gluten.

Edited by Rowan

We're now at 34 weeks and I'm getting more and more excited. We didn't find out the sex either but more because I wanted the surprise. The other half works in the ultrasound dept at Forth Valley Hospital so every day is a torture for her as she wanted to find out but is forbidden...!

I know people said having a baby was expensive but only know do I know just how much. We've got the nursery furniture delivered but since we're moving house next weekend I've dodged having to build it yet biggrin.gif

It's all happening. Can't wait.

Only downside is that the missus is really uncomfy and finding it difficult to sleep. Anyone got any good xmas ideas for a Mother to be?

Your right it's my pm's to Ayrgirl I was reading.

Totally agree with the above.

Anyway, for any new parents out there, dont't panic, we all knew f**k all when we started, and we all are crazy decisions at times.

I'd venture to suggest some of us don't know much more by the time we've finished, either. smile.gif

Jordo, my mrs felt quite unwell after a massage when heavily pregnant. Does your mrs have the huge pillow thing she can put between her knees? recommended by us if not. Unfortunately the last few weeks will be uncomfortable but the big pillow may help.

Jordo, my mrs felt quite unwell after a massage when heavily pregnant. Does your mrs have the huge pillow thing she can put between her knees? recommended by us if not. Unfortunately the last few weeks will be uncomfortable but the big pillow may help.

Yes she has! Funnily enough it was the first thing her sister suggested when she mentioned she was finding it difficult to get quality sleep.

That's what got them in to this mess.

wink.gif

Welcome back reflux. Niamh not tolerating fluids again. Flares up now and again, delightful as your eating your tea and the oldest declares he's off to poo as the youngest exorcist style vomits.