Pregnancy And Parenting

thanks.

I think the hardest part is not being able to do much to help.

I'll update you all when it happens.

Yeah I remember that, don't worry things will happen pretty quickly then you'll have plenty to do! No1 was 13 days late and only the threat of an induction (scheduled for T+14) "persuaded" her to come out. No2 obviuosly learned from this and arrived 4 days ahead of the due date.

All these things about a newborn that are now flooding back into the memory bank!

What is it with old people and babies? Why do they always make a bee line for them and try to touch them? Not in a BEAST stylie but just an "ah isn't he so cute....". F#ck off I'm trying to do my shopping!

Guest The Phoenix

What is it with old people and babies? Why do they always make a bee line for them and try to touch them? Not in a BEAST stylie but just an "ah isn't he so cute....". F#ck off I'm trying to do my shopping!

A prominent "Donations Welcome" notice attached to a suitable receptacle placed in the pram will substantially reduce this unwanted attention.

Bump!

Swarley Jnr No2, aka Alexander Ryan, arrived at 01:22 on 4th December. Weighing in at 3.72kgs he was a bit lighter than his older sister. :thumsup2

The Wife started to feel a bit of cramping at 6pm on Wednesday, continued through the night but too infrequent to be classed as proper contractions (her words not mine).

I got woken up at midnight to be told that we had to go to the hospital NOW. Contractions in full swing now and coming fast. I wake up Swarley Jnr No1 and drop her off at a nearby friend's house. Race home to pick up wife and head to hospital. I think we arrived there about 12:30, they called the OB at about 1 and Baby had arrived by 1:22. No pissing about here!

Now the fun begins, it's been three years since we've had to swaddle etc. I cannot remember what to do!

It's ages since I've been in GN and this thread so I'd missed this. Congratulations Swarley. :thumsup2

And congrats also Weirdcal.

Baby was born this morning at 8:31 weighing a whopping 8:11.

Mother and baby doing well after 101 complications during the night

Congratulations. Now the fun starts.

The missus' due date for our second is a week today. We're hoping she doesn't come a few days late. First baby was a week over.

Baby was born this morning at 8:31 weighing a whopping 8:11.

Mother and baby doing well after 101 complications during the night

Congrats, although the whopping 8:11 pales in significance to our two of 9:10, & more recently, 10:14(and a Quarter)

Apparently all my fault, nothing to do with the massive amounts of food consumed by Mrs Lights...I can't remember the last 'small' baby having been born of to people that I know.

Hopefully you don't get too many sleepless nights, if you do..... Well...Hope your a quick adjuster!

Cheers folks, it's utterly surreal to think about it. 27 hours in labour and I ended up wearing scrubs for the moment.

I'm away home to open a beer, sniff it and fall asleep

All these things about a newborn that are now flooding back into the memory bank!

Conversely, I was reminded yesterday what a babe magnet a newborn is! :wub: