Pregnancy And Parenting

Thomas is now 16 months old and still has never crawled nor walked on his own. He walks really well and fast if you hold both his hands and he'll walk falteringly if you hold one hand but he's scared to take steps by himself.

He's noticeably in the last couple of weeks started to get himself into position for crawling when he wants to reach a toy that is out of reach and he'll strain forward for it but he won't move his back leg forward. He'll fall on his face first before he does that.

Well today was quite the day!

Today for the first time Thomas:

• Crawled
  • Walked unassisted
  • Dived head first out of the bath in his desperation to see what his brother was doing (I caught him before he hit the ground)

• Crawled
  • Walked unassisted
  • Dived head first out of the bath in his desperation to see what his brother was doing (I caught him before he hit the ground)

We've had that a couple of times!

Well done Thomas!

• Crawled
  • Walked unassisted

That's great. It's amazing watching them do all that stuff, but all in one day? What a boy! :D

Edit: Not so much the diving out the bath head first, but you know what I meant!

Edited by Lyn-Marie

That's great. It's amazing watching them do all that stuff, but all in one day? What a boy! :D

Edit: Not so much the diving out the bath head first, but you know what I meant!

Yeah, quite astounding that he's more than 16 months old before he's crawled in particular, never mind walked. Early days yet. He crawled about three feet! and walked slightly further between his mother and I.

The bath incident was quite spectacular. He's been standing up and down in the bath for laughs for ages, hauling himself up on the bath handles but he's learned to just use the side of the bath now. Tonight he was at his usual and I had Steven lying on the bathroom floor because he was whining if left alone and his mother was busy loading the washing machine. She came in to see what we were all doing and he was so excited he just launched himself over the side of the bath. I wasn't even looking the right way when he did it but saw the movement and caught him just before he hit head first. He thought it was hilarious! Got to watch he doesn't try it again, the little menace. About time the gates were put up on the stairs I think!

Wee monkey! Good going on the walking and crawling though! We had to put the stair gates on at the weekend... I found Cal halfway up the stairs the other day. He took a few more steps across the living room today. I think it's just going to click any time now and there'll be no stopping him. It's so funny watching a baby that small 'walking' (staggering would be more appropriate). He's so dinky!

Who's the membership secretary of this wee club?

My lass is 10 weeks gone. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly. It'll be our first.

Absolutely fucking shitting myself.

Teckle news :D

If we're sharing pics, this is what you've all got to look forward to. Peter Pan party ;)

post-1702-12785993434268_thumb.jpg

Bump looks to have dropped a wee bit and apparently the wee one is now facing in the right direction. I can't see us reaching the 40 week mark at this rate.

That's good the wee one is in the right position. Not Long till another wean is born into the fight againt Fife'ism :P.

Does the doc/midwife think your partner/wife will go early :unsure:

TM - that means nothing! Cal was head down and had dropped at 34 weeks... he was born bang on 40 weeks.

Rowan, he's such a cutie! Almost as cute as mine ;):P

I have to say Callum still has that uber cute baby look, Ruairidh is more toddler little boy cute now but together they make some team when it comes to wooing Granny's!

here's another....hunting for dinosaurs in the botanic gardens.....

Good luck Thundermonkey! The more Falkirk bairns the merrier!

He's getting big, 3 now? Lovely sparkly eyes!