Pregnancy And Parenting

Yet another doonhamer! Congratulations on the birth of baby Josh. As others have said, sleep deprivation has only just started. If it's any comfort, you do get used to surviving on a few hours a night. One more thing, you may as well forget about a social life. Welcome to parenthood. :lol:

Congratulations dhd. Glad all is well. Now the real Fun begins. Sleep - lol you've no chance.

Who's countdown is next?

I think it's Cyber Soccer's missus and myself who are both due in around 10 weeks!

Nice name dhd. :)

Well done all.

Always a splendid thing when Queens fans breed successfully, especially outside of captivity.

On the sleep thing, you might get lucky.

We did the first time round, leading me to believe that I'd sussed the situation and skilfully played it brilliantly, as she settled into sleeping for 12 hour stretches overnight within a fortnight of her birth,

Four years later, her wee brother came along though to prove we'd cluelessly fluked it the first time.

Enjoy it all.

10 weeks thats flew in. mind you wife just reminded me our youngest is 30 weeks already.

Tell me about it! Finish tomorrow for 5 weeks annual leave and then onto maternity leave. Ready for it though as the sleepless nights and 4.30am alarms are knackering.

11 weeks on monday, quick isn't the word.

Congrats DDH! Great news!

I've started buying bits and bobs. Going to organise my hospital bag at about 32 weeks this time having not had one when I went last time....it was my first.....they're always late..... :rolleyes::lol:

I've started buying bits and bobs. Going to organise my hospital bag at about 32 weeks this time having not had one when I went last time....it was my first.....they're always late..... :rolleyes::lol:

Ha. So they say.

She's about done with her hospital bag, just need snacks & water really but no rush for that kinda stuff.

Ha. So they say.

She's about done with her hospital bag, just need snacks & water really but no rush for that kinda stuff.

I'll do mine when I get back from my parents mid Feb.

Just finished work and got a lovely selection of baby clothes, in fact heaps of them from my colleagues. Glad to be finished with the 4.30am alarm. 5 weeks annual leave and then mat leave.

I'll do mine when I get back from my parents mid Feb.

Just finished work and got a lovely selection of baby clothes, in fact heaps of them from my colleagues. Glad to be finished with the 4.30am alarm. 5 weeks annual leave and then mat leave.

She's using up her annual leave before mat leave starts too, i dont think it untill the end of Feb tho. I'm just going to take me two weeks to begin with, i've got an inclin i'll be happy to get back to it after that, I can always take another couple of weeks leave if i feel like it.

She's using up her annual leave before mat leave starts too, i dont think it untill the end of Feb tho. I'm just going to take me two weeks to begin with, i've got an inclin i'll be happy to get back to it after that, I can always take another couple of weeks leave if i feel like it.

I was going to finish mid Feb but when we worked out my restart date it would have been at a point in the year where we are really busy and by then a new system will be in place which I will need trained on. So being the nice person I am I said I'd go back a bit early if I could finish a bit earlier. My husband gets 2 weeks Pat leave but only one of them is at full pay so he'll take that and then a weeks annual leave. My mum will probably then come back down for a week.