Pregnancy And Parenting

Wife had a miscarriage of twins in April :(

But luckily last week she had a positive test and on Thursday we went for an early scan. I couldn't believe how excited I got when a 7.2mm long, six 1/2 week old, bean shaped thing showed up on the ultrasound!

We didn't tell anyone last time she was pregnant but that just made it so much harder when things went wrong. So this time we've decided just to tell everyone where we are and hopefully all will be well. If its not, well, then we'll have a decent support network around us!

But luckily last week she had a positive test and on Thursday we went for an early scan. I couldn't believe how excited I got when a 7.2mm long, six 1/2 week old, bean shaped thing showed up on the ultrasound!

We didn't tell anyone last time she was pregnant but that just made it so much harder when things went wrong. So this time we've decided just to tell everyone where we are and hopefully all will be well. If its not, well, then we'll have a decent support network around us!

Excellent news, congratulations!

Ah Jamie, I know only too well what you're going through unfortunately, and so do some others on here. I'm delighted you have seen your wee baby and that all is well! Are you getting any more early scans or is that it now until the 12 week one? Got everything crossed for you, it's terrifying being pregnant again after a miscarriage...

Hope everything goes well for you, congratulations and good luck :)

Cheers guys! Reina - yeah we had the scan last week and that will be it until the 12 week mark. You're right about it being terrifying after a miscarriage in the past. Every day you're looking out for signs that there could be an issue. On Monday Claire didn't feel sick for the first time in a fortnight and she was terrified that since that symptom had gone that something had gone wrong. She's now delighted (to an extent) because she couldn't sleep last night for feeling sick! Bizarre...

Jamie, I've been there too, 3 times, but now have two healthy happy monsters and another one on the way! Of you are at all worried call your early preg unit and they are usually happy to get you in and double check things for you and understand how stressful it is.

My little one started nursery last Monday and she's took to it like a duck to water. No tears or anything so far so here's hoping this keeps up as im hoping that nursery brings her speech on as its been quite lacking.

I wouldn't worry about it. It won't be long before the only word you'll get out of her is "no". "Tidy this mess up!". "No!". "Eat your dinner!". "No!", and so on. You'll miss these days. :(

It's begun. dry.gif I got in from the shift from hell today and she was at it the rest of the daylaugh.gif