Pregnancy And Parenting

Knew around 5/6 weeks ago that my girlfriend was pregnant, had the scan last Monday after we had got a little bit of a fright the Friday before.

Scanned on the Monday and according to the Nurse it was a perfect scan, everything in order and girlfriend is around 12 weeks pregnant. Original scan was scheduled for this Thursday, however we're still going in to see what's got to be said and stuff.

Was pretty scared to start with and shocked, mainly with me only being 21, but me and my girlfriend have been together 4 and a half years now so getting more excited as things slowly move on. I think it really hit home when I was at the scan though.

Roll on the journey :)

Knew around 5/6 weeks ago that my girlfriend was pregnant, had the scan last Monday after we had got a little bit of a fright the Friday before.

Scanned on the Monday and according to the Nurse it was a perfect scan, everything in order and girlfriend is around 12 weeks pregnant. Original scan was scheduled for this Thursday, however we're still going in to see what's got to be said and stuff.

Was pretty scared to start with and shocked, mainly with me only being 21, but me and my girlfriend have been together 4 and a half years now so getting more excited as things slowly move on. I think it really hit home when I was at the scan though.

Congratulations.

Congratulations mate! Wouldn't worry about being young, I was only 20 when our eldest was born. Being a dad is easily the best thing I've ever done.

Hell, it is scary. The whole thing. Husband and I were married, owned a house, both have good jobs, own our cars, fairly well off etc. Still terrifying. And nothing prepares you for it. I had all these visions of sitting rocking my newborn baby, smiling down at him/her gurgling away, reading stories to him/her etc. No-one told me he would scream and puke all day until he was about 4 months old. That was NOT part of the plan (and also not normal, so don't worry, I'm not trying to scare you!). Feel slightly more confident this time...

Congratulations Ryan!

To paraphrase a footballing quote, 'If you're good enough, you're old enough'

Age doesn't make a good parent, and you have been with your g/f longer than I was with my wife when we had our first.

Good luck and hope it goes well for you all. wink.gif

Mrs had her 20 week scan today and we found out we're having a girl, so that means i am going to have 5 females in the house and only me and the 2 boys as a defence crying.gif

Seriously though, i couldn't be more happy beerchug.gifbeerchug.gif

Mrs had her 20 week scan today and we found out we're having a girl, so that means i am going to have 5 females in the house and only me and the 2 boys as a defence crying.gif

Seriously though, i couldn't be more happy beerchug.gifbeerchug.gif

Congrats!

I have one girl and she can be a nightmare (even at just 19 months, she torments me for fun, I'm sure of it!!!). I don't know if a boy would be worse this time or a girlph34r.gif

Still don't know what we are having, 6 months in now.

At the 20 week scan the wean was doing cartwheels in the womb and kicking about like mad, didnt stay still at all, took the poor lassie about an hour just to do her measurements and checks, she couldn't have told us what it is if we had wanted her to.

She reckons the weans overly hyper and its no even born yet, gonna have our hands full.

I have one of each, boy is much much easier!!

I'd have to agree with that, right now i have 3 girls and 2 boys and literally every arguement stems from one of my 2 older girls (15 & 10),

they are serious drama queens and it only takes a wrong sideway's glance for a full blown riot to start, the boy's can't be arsed with it and are much more sedate, maybe thats down to seeing how arguementative the girls are but they almost never start the carry on in this house!!!!

• 3 weeks later...