Pregnancy And Parenting

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Oldest bairn going backwards just now with toilet training. Is that normal? She seems to be getting complacent and having regular accidents.

I suppose you've had her checked out for a bladder/kidney infection?

I suppose you've had her checked out for a bladder/kidney infection?
We thought it might be that at first but she seems to have just gotten lazy/complacent. Like shes lost interest in what was once a challenge to learn. I believe it might be quite commonplace for that to happen but not really sure how to tackle it.

It can happen, especially when younger siblings come along or start reaching certain milestones that turn your attention away from the older. 

Go back to rewarding her like you did when you first started toilet training. 

My wee one has just turned 1 and had her third set of jags done.

I think they must inject women with a crabbit bitch poison as she’s never been a crying baby but she’s screamed the house down since we took her.

Here she is in happier times (took me 3 hours to build that fucker)

8dc93a18-e0c4-47da-8a1a-d289b3df72e9.jpg

9 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

Had a 18 week gender scan earlier to allow me and mrs PB know we're expecting a boy.   Sonographer was happy with everything she found.     

Great news bud :thumsup2

9 hours ago, Millions said:

Happy news mate. Just don't be buying the kid a bicycle!

Lol

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Oldest bairn going backwards just now with toilet training. Is that normal? She seems to be getting complacent and having regular accidents.

Aye it can happen, happening now with one of the grandsons, started off well, now hitty missy

23 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Mrs Carbon Rod going into hospital for induction tomorrow, very nervous but can’t wait to meet our wee guy!

All the best

Happened with ours. The excitement wears off on them. They get back into it not long afterwards. He still gets a high 5 every time he goes. He's at the stage of Getting out of bed to go to the loo but the odd overnight accidents have stopped going for the no pull ups to bed

8 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

My wee one has just turned 1 and had her third set of jags done.

I think they must inject women with a crabbit bitch poison as she’s never been a crying baby but she’s screamed the house down since we took her.

Here she is in happier times (took me 3 hours to build that fucker)

8dc93a18-e0c4-47da-8a1a-d289b3df72e9.jpg

One year jags definitely the worst. Watch for her being under the weather about a week after them too. 

It will be the best day of your life. Enjoy and make the most of it.[emoji5]

Thanks! My mrs is being incredibly chilled about it, been utterly amazed how well shes coped with this last 9months, genuinely not a single moan or complaint!
Hoping she doesnt find it too painful with the induction, heard some horror stories!
Managed to book the best part of a month off work so have plenty time to enjoy it, get to grips with the basics and give the mrs some support with feeding and that.

Took the bairn, she's 3 now, to see the orthotic surgeon the other day and he's recommended botox injections in her calf muscle because everything is getting really tight.  In hospital the 1st June to get it under a general anesthetic then a walking cast on ready for her to discover when she wakes up and will stay on for two weeks. Getting botox earlier than I imagined but when I watch her walk her foot is really turning in and she's on her toe more and more. The main thing is to get her through this growing up thing and try to make sure her muscles keep up, more physio ahead! 

1 hour ago, stimpy said:

Took the bairn, she's 3 now, to see the orthotic surgeon the other day and he's recommended botox injections in her calf muscle because everything is getting really tight.  In hospital the 1st June to get it under a general anesthetic then a walking cast on ready for her to discover when she wakes up and will stay on for two weeks. Getting botox earlier than I imagined but when I watch her walk her foot is really turning in and she's on her toe more and more. The main thing is to get her through this growing up thing and try to make sure her muscles keep up, more physio ahead! 

My granddaughter gets Botox in the back of her knees for tightness and into the saliva glands, works a proper treat

My granddaughter gets Botox in the back of her knees for tightness and into the saliva glands, works a proper treat
She was a drooly child however appears to be getting it under control on her own so hopefully that'll continue.

29 minutes ago, stimpy said:
1 hour ago, heedthebaa said:

She was a drooly child however appears to be getting it under control on her own so hopefully that'll continue.

We’ve been down the hyoscine patch route, but they were leaving marks behind her ears and was only a short term thing,she was meant to get her saliva glands removed but ill health stopped the opp, which I’m personally glad of. Botox is working for now, she’s going in to get her hips put back in place in May and more Botox into the saliva glands, hopefully all goes well and a happier Ava 

6 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

We’ve been down the hyoscine patch route, but they were leaving marks behind her ears and was only a short term thing,she was meant to get her saliva glands removed but ill health stopped the opp, which I’m personally glad of. Botox is working for now, she’s going in to get her hips put back in place in May and more Botox into the saliva glands, hopefully all goes well and a happier Ava 

Trust and pray all goes well. Reading these last few posts makes me realise I've nothing to complain about, ours are all healthy, 1 has asthma, 3 or 4 have dyslexia to a greater or lesser degree, 1 is autistic which can sometimes be a bit of a struggle, and another has some sort of genetic problem (I'm not sure exactly what, to my shame), and she's the only one who has problems (easily broken bones, a slight knock can break a bone), but she leads as normal a life as possible, although she's due for treatment shortly due to a fall at school.

Removal of glands sounds a bit ott, hope the future procedures go smoothly.