Pregnancy And Parenting

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

IMG_0361.jpg
My little guy born Wenesday after induction lasting 3 days, forceps delivery and mummy losing 1.5 litres of blood. But now home and thriving, putting on weight well and giving us about 4 hours uninterrupted sleep so far. Absolutely unreal being a dad!

That's horrendous, but as you say, now they're home.

IMG_0361.thumb.jpg.260d98a4f3ea8ab4b075758d08f67020.jpg
My little guy born Wenesday after induction lasting 3 days, forceps delivery and mummy losing 1.5 litres of blood. But now home and thriving, putting on weight well and giving us about 4 hours uninterrupted sleep so far. Absolutely unreal being a dad!

Did your Mrs have a postpartum haemorrhage?

Evie, 2 and a half, was sitting with her daddy watching the Celtic v Rangers match. Daddy told her to cheer the green team, "No, blue team." "No, Evie, the green team." "No, blue team."

Celtic scored and she burst into tears!

Did your Mrs have a postpartum haemorrhage?

No it was a tear due to the forceps but was quite high meaning they couldnt stop it immediately with stitches so needed to got to surgery. I was terrified as obviously they just wheeched the wife out the room to surgery so i didnt really know what was happening. I wouldnt expect them to stop trying to save my wife to explain what was happening but im sitting there holding my gorgeous wee boy not knowing whats happened to his mum, scariest moment of my life. Thankfully everything now going seriously well and im loving it. Can’t imagine not being a daddy now! Appreciate the kind words :)

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No it was a tear due to the forceps but was quite high meaning they couldnt stop it immediately with stitches so needed to got to surgery. I was terrified as obviously they just wheeched the wife out the room to surgery so i didnt really know what was happening. I wouldnt expect them to stop trying to save my wife to explain what was happening but im sitting there holding my gorgeous wee boy not knowing whats happened to his mum, scariest moment of my life. Thankfully everything now going seriously well and im loving it. Can’t imagine not being a daddy now! Appreciate the kind words :)

Congratulations mate, he's a smasher. And I definitely feel your pain and know exactly how you were feeling at that part in bold above. Nightmare inducing.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:
You'll need to speak to Ruggy about that. 

Knew he would be to blame, the selfish b*****d. Want me to have a word?

Got the snip without telling her :batman

Joke - I'm not squeamish any more, apart from about that. Rather have 10 kids than even think about someone around Steven and the twins with a scalpel. :green

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:
3 hours ago, Rugster said:
Got the snip without telling her :batman

Joke - I'm not squeamish any more, apart from about that. Rather have 10 kids than even think about someone around Steven and the twins with a scalpel. :green

So another bairn on the way ?

Celibate

Attended our 20-week scan yesterday with Mrs PB earlier too, unfortunately, receive some bad news.    Growth scan was perfect on brain, spine, feet, fingers etc until they reached kidneys where abnormality was established.    Our boy has cysts in both kidneys.   The left one has around 12 small growths and the organ isn't working.   The right one is working and he's peeing, but there is some growth on it, and they're concerned.    Got an appointment with the consultant on Friday to discuss the viability of the pregnancy.  

Guest Moomintroll

FFS PB, i know you can be a bit hit and miss round these parts but I am gutted to hear that. Hope everything goes well for you and yours.

Had excellent support in the past so if anyone has experience of MCKD ( Multicystic Dysplastic Kidney) then please hit me up a personalised message via the personal message function.  

9 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

Attended our 20-week scan yesterday with Mrs PB earlier too, unfortunately, receive some bad news.    Growth scan was perfect on brain, spine, feet, fingers etc until they reached kidneys where abnormality was established.    Our boy has cysts in both kidneys.   The left one has around 12 small growths and the organ isn't working.   The right one is working and he's peeing, but there is some growth on it, and they're concerned.    Got an appointment with the consultant on Friday to discuss the viability of the pregnancy.  

That's not so good, hope things get sorted.

Wife and family were all off to the hospital yesterday for her 4 month scan. All good, however she needed more test (blood) as she is over 35. So far so good. Test result will come back next week.
Her bump is massive, so much bigger than when she had the boy. Doctor has said she has a lot of fluid.
I told her not a surprise, with the load of pishe she speaks. Went down well.

Teething is just the devil.

My daughter is now 9 months but has been teething for past 6 months with only 2 front teeth through.

Past few nights it’s causing her no end of bother, Jaws swelling up, cheeks going bright red, bad shites, the full boona. She’s generally a great sleeper but crying all night and when she sleeps just whimpering away.

Hands are just constantly in her mouth and chewing on everything. Feel so sorry for the wee lass.

The wife is back at work and doing shifts so the night shift is tonight going. Then up myself for work in the morning. I’m bloody shattered.

We have been so lucky in a lot of ways apart from the teething which she is getting hit really hard with.

Teething was yet another thing we had no bother with. We've been utterly spoiled with our wee one.

For terthing we gave her A and P and Bonjela on the gums. She never had any issues so it may have been as a result of these things. Try some of those chewy things that you can put in the fridge. Probably useless at night but might sooth the wee tot and help her doze off.