Pregnancy And Parenting

My wife has bought Callan a pram and baby doll, he likes playing with them at play cafes and soft play.
I'm fine with it but as a precaution I'm taking him on a crawl of the strippers tomorrow morning.
I had this issue too. I want to be modem and progressive but inside I'm screaming "don't let him wear the fucking tutu".

The sheriff officers have still been unable to serve the residency papers on our daughter.

Forgive me if this has been explained before... What does this actually mean? That the officers have to serve your daughter papers to tell her that her kids are now officially in your care?

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Forgive me if this has been explained before... What does this actually mean? That the officers have to serve your daughter papers to tell her that her kids are now officially in your care?

No we are going for residency which means the kids stay with us without the need of a child protection every year,we need to serve her as it goes in front of a sheriff.It is  very expensive way to do it but means stability for the kids.The social work dept are funding £6k in legal fees for us.

Edited by keithgy

Is the aim to have her parental rights removed or has that happened already?Thankfully the kids too young fully comprehend it all and you’re giving the stability which will mean they cope and flourish. 

4 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Is the aim to have her parental rights removed or has that happened already?Thankfully the kids too young fully comprehend it all and you’re giving the stability which will mean they cope and flourish. 

It does not remove her parental rights but gives us equal rights,in fact we had to ask her permission to get Ben his booster tomorrow and even take them on holiday.I find this amazing as she is the one who abandoned her children 11 months ago.

No we are going for residency which means the kids stay with us without the need of a child protection every year,we need to serve her as it goes in front of a sheriff.It is  very expensive way to do it but means stability for the kids.The social work dept are funding £6k in legal fees for us.

Haven’t they been staying with you pretty much permanently for a while now though?

Does that mean you & your better half have been having to get an annual visit from a child protection officer?

Sorry for all the questions. It sounds like it’s been beyond complicated.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Haven’t they been staying with you pretty much permanently for a while now though?

Does that mean you & your better half have been having to get an annual visit from a child protection officer?

Sorry for all the questions. It sounds like it’s been beyond complicated.

The kids have been with us since 17th Nov,they now only see the mother every 2 weeks for an hour  supervised as weekly was too much for them,we will have to go the children reporters every year due to the kids age every 12 months.

I assume it's just a thing that pregnant women get to a certain stage and they have to piss constantly? Seemed to have happened almost overnight about a week ago, and I don't think I've managed more than a couple of hours kip a night since as she is up to use the toilet almost every time I am just about to nod off. It's f*cking annoying.

Edited by Ross.

Yup depending way baby lying increased pressure on bladder plus it gets squished smaller too.

Takes a while after the birth to go back to normal, tell her to do her pelvic floor exercises! I still can’t sneeze and cough without getting the fear and my youngest is 6!!

2 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Yup depending way baby lying increased pressure on bladder plus it gets squished smaller too.

Takes a while after the birth to go back to normal, tell her to do her pelvic floor exercises! I still can’t sneeze and cough without getting the fear and my youngest is 6!!

I'm guessing it's getting squished because we appear to be having an incredibly fat baby. Either that or my missus is just unfortunate that it looks like she is far further on than she actually is.

Poor girl is gutted with regards to exercise as it happens. Usually does TRX, Pilates and a session with a PT but is already struggling with the first and last of those. Spent the last couple of years putting a lot of effort into getting in shape and I had to go and ruin it for her.

37 minutes ago, RH33 said:

How far along is she? 

Due date is 03 April, so around 17 weeks. She already has a fairly noticeable bump, which she is raging about as none of her sisters were as obviously pregnant as she is at this stage.