Pregnancy And Parenting

Thanks, I'm trying no to get too grumpy but I don't know how long it will last....

Hope things go well when baby does decide to appear.

My wee one has a runny nose and yucky eye. He's not been right since Friday. Maybe a wee precautionary trip to Dr in the morning.

There is apparently a bout of Croup Cough( http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/ba...iral/croup.html ) kicking about just now. My mother phoned last night in a near panic to tell me. Her neighbours son's Nursery has been closed as a precaution. 3 of the 12 children that she (my mother's neighbour) knows to have caught Croup have pretty severe cases of it.

The days when you had baby stuck to boob nearly all day! Couldn't even go to the loo and they would be screaming! Then when the midwife came in and after hours and hours of feeding he'd gained half an ounce. Gutting!

That literally has happened to me! One time I even had to pry HL off the boob so she could be weighed and she'd only put on half an ounce. I could have cried!

Still no sign of my wee one emerging - we went out and walked for about 2.5 miles earlier, hope it will provide some encouragement!

Only one day overdue so far though...

Can't wait :)

Time to crack open the curries, pineapple and (if you'll oblige) some S.E.X. The latter definitely helped us so tried and tested!

My wife gave birth to our first wee one on Wednesday 9/9/09. Jessica was born at 14.44 and both mum and baby are going fantastic.

Completed Junior Bairns application already in the post.

PROUD AS HELL RIGHT NOW.

Ross

:D WP mate

Time to crack open the curries, pineapple and (if you'll oblige) some S.E.X. The latter definitely helped us so tried and tested!

Tried methods one and three :ph34r: on my due date (not at same time), i think you have to eat about 7 fresh pineapples so might give that one a miss... :D

might have to try again then if it worked for you :lol:

Yeah, so did I. I did read that it can help kick things off though. Probably just coincidence in my case... I've been back in my pre-pregnancy clothes since he was a week old though, so I think it does work for getting things back in shape afterwards, too!

Yeah, so did I. I did read that it can help kick things off though. Probably just coincidence in my case... I've been back in my pre-pregnancy clothes since he was a week old though, so I think it does work for getting things back in shape afterwards, too!

Has dad lost a shit load of weight ?

I lost 2 stone (I was 15 and a half stone when he was born) in the first 6 months after Cameron was born, he is running everywhere now (without falling over), and it's starting to go creep back on.

Has dad lost a shit load of weight ?

I lost 2 stone (I was 15 and a half stone when he was born) in the first 6 months after Cameron was born, he is running everywhere now (without falling over), and it's starting to go creep back on.

I put on 2 and a half stone during pregnancy and I lost a stone and a half of that within two months (mainly thanks to breastfeeding :D ). I've not managed to lose anymore since then though :( . I was already about a stone overweight pre pregnancy anyway so now being two stone overweight 15 months down the line is depressing (now a size 14, when I was 10/12). A couple of weeks ago I started dieting and going to the gym and have lost 3lbs :) . Getting there slowly but surely!

Not that I've noticed! Will ask him later :)

Perhaps it was inability to plan ahead, that caused the weight loss.

e.g. WB goes to change nappy,

WB notices he has left clean nappies up stairs,

WB gathers small baby and goes up stairs

WB starts changing nappy

WB then notices bum hole cream is down stairs

WB gathers small baby and goes down stairs to get cream

WB back up stairs with baby

WB finishes changing baby and goes down stairs

Mrs WB bollocks WB for not bringing down clean nappies to replenish downstairs stock

WB back upstairs for clean nappies

WB then back down stairs, and rest.

I started taking them last week, but only for a couple of days cos I started to feel really funny and crappy. Could have been a coincidence but I stopped anyway. Might go and get the capsules back out now though...they'll just be going to waste. ;)

Yeah I think they are meant to 'tone the uterus' to make contractions more effective. ?

I started taking them last week, but only for a couple of days cos I started to feel really funny and crappy. Could have been a coincidence but I stopped anyway. Might go and get the capsules back out now though...they'll just be going to waste. ;)

Yeah I think they are meant to 'tone the uterus' to make contractions more effective. ?

Apparantly you can do some sort of massage down there (on the perinitum?) that can help your elasticity and hence an easier natural birth. Never tried it myself though ;) . Although I wish I had as HL turned back to back during labour and I had to have help getting her out with forceps :o .