Pregnancy And Parenting

Yeah I think they are meant to 'tone the uterus' to make contractions more effective. ?

Yeah, that's what I'd heard - my labour was only 10 hours, so there's maybe something in it. My uterus contracted back within a few days of the birth - my midwife said looking at and feeling my tum afterwards that you wouldn't think I'd just had a baby. My stomach muscles went right back quickly, too. I was very fit before I got pregnant though, maybe that had something to do with it. I put on just over 2 stone, I've got 9lb left to lose - breast feeding's great for using up the calories - think my boobs constitute much of the weight gain though... <_<

Having spent the afternoon yesterday with my 8 year old at Culzean where he beamed at me all day, played in the adventure playground, grinned, laughed, made sandcastles on the beach and generally behaved impeccably making me proud and humble, I would just like to let all you new mothers know that although you are tired and sore and feel like you are merely extensions of the feed and poop machine that attaches itself to you when it's not crying that things do and will get a great deal better very soon, so keep your chin(s) up. :D

Yeah, that's what I'd heard - my labour was only 10 hours, so there's maybe something in it. My uterus contracted back within a few days of the birth - my midwife said looking at and feeling my tum afterwards that you wouldn't think I'd just had a baby. My stomach muscles went right back quickly, too. I was very fit before I got pregnant though, maybe that had something to do with it. I put on just over 2 stone, I've got 9lb left to lose - breast feeding's great for using up the calories - think my boobs constitute much of the weight gain though... <_<

Och well, 10 hours isn't bad for a first baby is it, maybe I'll just get wired into the rasp leaf capsules! My stomach muscles weren't too bad (i quite like doing sit-ups strangely) but I was a bit overweight. :( I think I have put on about 3 stone which has freaked me out, I may be a bit top heavy too though! :lol: the joy...

10 hours is really quick for a first labour. I think the midwives said at my antenatal classes that, on average, first time labours last 18 hours plus! Mine was 14 hours (from when my waters went until HL appeared) and it seemed really quick, even though you'd probably think it'd seem a lifetime! Would definitely do it all again :) . Well if I lose all my current baby weight now, that is!

My waters went at 9am on the Thursday and the wee one arrived at 12.40pm on the Friday. Granted not all of that was in labour but I'd been up all night on the Wednesday having contractions so by the time they decided to put the inducing hormone up as I hadn't had anything since the waters went I was shattered. 3am on the Friday morning.

Here was me no no I'll do it naturally when a very sensible midwife pointed out I wouldn't win a medal and to take the epidural as I'd been awake for nearly two days.

Ruairidh has a stinking cold, I've taken today off to look after him. He's a bit perkier now.

What do they do about it G? Hope it drops naturally, or do they have to intervene somehow?

Health visitor's just been. Callum's been crying like he's possessed the last few days. Colic, huh? Hoping colief is going to be the miracle cure... quite gutted as gripe water was working until Saturday and it's a shitload cheaper than colief - £10 for 7ml!!! If it works, we'll be able to get it prescribed. :)

He got weighed and the wee chunky monkey is now 10lb 13oz - a gain of 20oz in 18 days... :o Good old booby milk!

My wifes waters broke on the friday and she had the baby on the monday. We got told they say how long it is by your first contraction and cheryl would of been then 15 hours in labour if thats the case

My first contractions were on the Wednesday................in ikea :lol:

My waters went on the Tuesday (at 31+ weeks). I was admitted to the labour ward before being transferred to another hospital due to pre-maturity. My contractions started at 5pm (ish) just as they were talking about transferring me up to the ante-natal ward to wait it out for hopefully weeks. 6 hours later Callum was born and I was lucky enough to have no stitches. Unfortunately we then had to wait for another 5 weeks until we took him home. I feel that that was a time that we really missed out on as we basically spent a week in one hospital before being sent back to the first one where Cal was kept for another 4 weeks. Although on the up side I did work there for myself and Cal were spoilt rotten for those four weeks.

Guest The Phoenix

Cheer up G_Man, it could be worse...

Hitler has only got one ball,

Göring has two but very small,

Himmler is somewhat sim'lar,

But poor Goebbels has no balls at all.

On a more serious note, undescended testicles are a relatively common occurance (particular with male babies :rolleyes: ).

If it hasn't dropped by the time G_Baby is 3 - 4 months, it is likely a small op will be needed but it isn't really a cause for concern.

Aw, what a cutie! Here's a better pic of mine:

post-909-1253026953_thumb.jpg

Awww,he's cute,and he has a good head of hair to. :D

I hate those scratch gloves,they always look like they are boxing golves,I prefer the all in ones with the bits that fold over the hands,I don't know if you still get them though?