Pregnancy And Parenting

Congrats f_c! Another boy! :D Hope you're not too sore and you're recovering well from the section. Looking forward to hearing all about him. :)

Had the health visitor round this afternoon - she's going to get infant gaviscon for the wee man. Let's hope this works! I want my happy, contented, smiley wee boy back! Oh, she's going to lend us a tummy tub, too, which will hopefully help with the wind.

He had his 8 week check while she was here. He's jumped from the 40th centile to 60th for height since birth! Still putting on weight too. :) Immunisations on Tuesday... eek

He had his 8 week check while she was here. He's jumped from the 40th centile to 60th for height since birth! Still putting on weight too. :)

Thomas was at 91st centile last week. Has been mostly since he was born though at one point he dropped a bit lower. Seems to be very tall for his age.

My wee boy is 22lb 11oz which represents 5.5 times his weight at birth! He's grown an amazing 9cm since the middle of July! He's still a short arse, just over the 25th percentile in height and 50th in weight.

Health visitor was seemingly delighted with his progress today.

Scary to think that a year ago just now I was in hospital.

I go between excited and teary thinking about Saturday! 1 whole year old!

Congratulations F-c!

Walking yet ?

Not on his own, has discovered his push along which he does lengths of the living room with, sadly he can't turn it and simply rams and rams the wall until someone turns him! No teeth either!

You're going to have to explain that one for me. What the flaming heck is that? :lol:

Good luck with his jags. I'm sure he'll be fine. It'll all be over in seconds.

I've stocked up on Calpol... ;)

Tummy tub is a bath - it replicates the womb, and because of the position they're in as the stomach relaxes in the water, it helps bring up the trapped wind. My next-door neighbour's daughter swears by hers - her daughter (who is 4 weeks younger than Cal) goes into it and instantly lets out a big burp! Tummy Tub clicky. Hope it works!

Tummy tub is a bath - it replicates the womb, and because of the position they're in as the stomach relaxes in the water, it helps bring up the trapped wind. My next-door neighbour's daughter swears by hers - her daughter (who is 4 weeks younger than Cal) goes into it and instantly lets out a big burp! Tummy Tub clicky. Hope it works!

That looks like a big plant pot :huh:

Apparently Kirsty is between the 50th and 75th percentile, although I have absolutely no idea what this means.

Basically means that weight or height wise that there are only 25-50% of babies in the country that weigh more or are taller. Gypsygirl24 has taught me well :smartass

Our little one was on the 90th percentile for height at her last check up.

Well he'll grow quick then. :ph34r:

I was thinking it looked like a bucket! But hey, if it works, who cares what it looks like?

I showed it to the wife and that's exactly what she said after she saw it cost £40.

But true if it works its worth it

I've stocked up on Calpol... ;)

it's a miracle we ever evolved lol!

(I don't mean that as criticism, simply at amazement at the things we come up with - when mine was born i thought the nappy disposal was the pinnacle of human achievement :lol: )

it's a miracle we ever evolved lol!

(I don't mean that as criticism, simply at amazement at the things we come up with - when mine was born i thought the nappy disposal was the pinnacle of human achievement :lol: )

You're right though - with all the guidelines about things now, it's a wonder any of us ever survived!