The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

A textbook example of a worker of the era who really should have been cared for a lot better.

There really wasn't another worker in wrestling in that era who was put under such scrutiny in her every movement, botch, missed spot than she was and this was solely due to her gender and the fact she was expected to hang with the guys.

She clearly had a LOT of problems off the back of everything that happened at the end of her time in WWE and bridges should have been mended years ago. Unfortunately it was only a matter or time before it happened. Sad to see and unfortunately it looks like Tammy Sytch is on a very similar path.

Don't think WWE can have any excuse to not induct her into the HoF now. Especially with the route Sunny has gone down. Given she was inducted prior, but she even wore her HoF ring in her tape, and not a cheep of WWE possibly revoking her HoF status

Sad to hear of her passing, definitely changed the landscape, in terms of a woman taking on the men, could've easily dominated the women's division for years if she wasn't apparently forced out

Don't think WWE can have any excuse to not induct her into the HoF now. Especially with the route Sunny has gone down. Given she was inducted prior, but she even wore her HoF ring in her tape, and not a cheep of WWE possibly revoking her HoF status

Sad to hear of her passing, definitely changed the landscape, in terms of a woman taking on the men, could've easily dominated the women's division for years if she wasn't apparently forced out

Probably be inducted now that she won't have a live mic at the HoF. Dave Meltzer said on Twitter that her situation is similar to Randy Savage and her contribution cannot be ignored. Crazy to go at that age though, any details came out of the cause?

Probably be inducted now that she won't have a live mic at the HoF. Dave Meltzer said on Twitter that her situation is similar to Randy Savage and her contribution cannot be ignored. Crazy to go at that age though, any details came out of the cause?

Heard nothing except the suspected accidental overdose rumours 

Was at the wrestling last nite in Glasgow with the Mrs and kids, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Was surprised roman reigns was there tbh.

I get that it's scripted and reigns has his fight with aj styles at the next ppv, but it would be good to see titles won and lost at these events around Britain and script it so he wins it back before the next ppv.

Was a bit gutted that the day that your going to the event to spend a fortune on food,drink,merchandise that they put the raw & smackdown tickets on sale, they coulda held them back a week or 2

Was at the wrestling last nite in Glasgow with the Mrs and kids, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Was surprised roman reigns was there tbh.

I get that it's scripted and reigns has his fight with aj styles at the next ppv, but it would be good to see titles won and lost at these events around Britain and script it so he wins it back before the next ppv.

Was a bit gutted that the day that your going to the event to spend a fortune on food,drink,merchandise that they put the raw & smackdown tickets on sale, they coulda held them back a week or 2

I was there last night as well. I thought all involved gave it their best but I felt the whole thing just lacked something. I can't say what, just something. Hearing Reigns getting booed by so many was quite uncomfortable. He's supposed to be the top guy in the company and a babyface to boot yet fans are booing him. Overall it was fun to watch. They really need to get the big hitters like Cena and Orton back though. They're suffering without them.

I was there last night as well. I thought all involved gave it their best but I felt the whole thing just lacked something. I can't say what, just something. Hearing Reigns getting booed by so many was quite uncomfortable. He's supposed to be the top guy in the company and a babyface to boot yet fans are booing him. Overall it was fun to watch. They really need to get the big hitters like Cena and Orton back though. They're suffering without them.

House shows definitely do lack something. The best I can compare it to is a friendly match in football. More like a training session where all the participants are just going through the day to day motions.

That was my take on it when I saw WWE Live last time around. Certainly not worth the £45.

I've said a few times, if you're going to see a wrestling house show in Scotland, I'd go see TNA before WWE.

TNA may well be shite but they treat it like their own version of Scotland's Wrestlemania and go all out. It's still not amazing but you'll go home much happier than after a WWE house show which usually consists of a main event of whoever is British/Scottish fighting the WC in the main event an coming up short effort promising they'll become the WC for the crowd some day.