The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I posted this in another wrestling group and got a bad reaction. Interested in what you guys think.

Personally, i don't think Ambrose is cut out to be THE guy. 

I find his character to be a bit stale/bland. The highlight of his recent career has been a plant called Mitch.

His natural promo ability is fantastic, but he is hampered by having to speak from a script, and by being PG.

His moveset is very limited, and he has one of the worst finishers on the roster. 

Don't get me wrong, he deserves to have a run with the belt, i just hope it is a short one and that he is a placeholder for Rollins or Brock.

I think Dean is more suited to being part of a team, where how bland he is, is only half exposed. He is certainly not going to be the next Cena as i've seen mentioned elsewhere, and has nowhere near as much talent as the likes of Rollins.

Rose was suspended for 60 days for his second violation. He was let go as he apparently asked for his release. He'd also assaulted his wife and 'tampered with a witness' (perverting the course of justice in this country, I believe) so even if he hadn't asked for his release, it probably didn't look too hopeful for him. Plus his character was shit.

On the same note, I wouldn't be too sad to see Lawler go either.

As for Reigns - did not see that one coming.

Yeah, Rose isn't really comparable to Reigns at this stage.  Second offence, and it wasn't really the wellness policy that got him canned.  Plus it's always going to be more likely that they'll cut ties with a talent like Adam Rose, than they are with Roman Reigns, rightly or wrongly.  It's still not entirely clear what happened with Lawler, seems like just a very sad case.  Some people have gone way over the top about him, despite the facts not really being known it seems.  Company-wise though, is he really that much of a loss?  Probably not.  He's a product of a bygone age, and seems intent on staying there.  If it turns out that he's cleared of the charges, then probably let him go on good terms.  Or knowing WWE, they'll book him and his fiancee in some kind of match at Summerslam.

WWE should try and play this Reigns stuff out like an angle. Have Reigns run in and spear Rollins in the main event of Battleground. The next night on Raw Reigns can explain that Rollins messed with his drug test, leading to the suspension. He says that Rollins cost him his shot at the title, so demands to have it at Summerslam. Rollins says Reigns cost him his shot at Battleground, so he should have the title shot at Summerslam.

Shield triple threat for the title then takes place at Summerslam.

WWE should try and play this Reigns stuff out like an angle. Have Reigns run in and spear Rollins in the main event of Battleground. The next night on Raw Reigns can explain that Rollins messed with his drug test, leading to the suspension. He says that Rollins cost him his shot at the title, so demands to have it at Summerslam. Rollins says Reigns cost him his shot at Battleground, so he should have the title shot at Summerslam.

Shield triple threat for the title then takes place at Summerslam.

Hmm...I don't know.  One it would involve WWE actually writing a storyline with some death, but other than that it seems like they'd be making light of something they take very seriously.  Essentially taking any blame off Reigns (kayfabe I know) and onto someone else.  Just doesn't seem like something they'd want to blur the lines on.

The wellness policy is notoriously hard to fail, I'm actually stunned that they didn't try some sort of cover up with Reigns if I'm honest as there have been rumours they've done so before with top stars.

The fact they have booked this triple threat when they supposedly knew he had failed the test is astounding - why not just make it Ambrose v Rollins and have the triple threat at Summerslam? Are they going to go through with this, have him off TV for a month and then just turn up at Battleground?

Ya boy Meltzer talks about it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiswdHanMNc

PWG's Battle of Los Angeles takes place in September. For the uninitiated, it's a 24 man three day tournament. Basically just a big indy tourney. They've announced 16 names so far and it looks absolutely spectacular.

Cody Rhodes

Kamaitachi

Jeff Cobb

Mark Haskins
Dalton Castle

Pete Dunne

Sami Callihan

Tommy End

Trevor Lee

Adam Cole

John Hennigan ( Morrison )

Jack Gallagher

Chris Hero

Mark Andrews

Ricochet

Matt Riddle

Marty Scurll

Matt Sydal

Kyle O'Reilly

Fenix

Zack Sabre Jr.

Will Ospreay

Pentagon Jr.

Jushin Thunder Liger

Edited by Randy Giles

Worth noting that there's a 15 second SWA vignette for the lagoon in October. The guy in the vignette, though his face is whitened up by light looks an awful lot like Cody Rhodes he says in a distorted voice 'there are no strings on me' followed by the words 'He's coming'.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Could be a v decent match that, or could be like his mania match with ambrose

Don't think they'd do that to Orton on his first match back. They'll give Orton a pretty competitive match with Lesnar, while they decided Ambrose was to just look like a bitch.

9 hours ago, juansebastianvernon said:

That Vader video is excellent.

Have you heard him chat about it on stone cold podcast? I cant remember all the details but its a good story.

Anyone going to see Paul Heyman's show in Glasgow this week?

Haven't seen his podcast but might give it a go. Just happened to stumble upon that video on Youtube. Vader was probably one of the best athletic big guys in the ring but you get the impression he might be difficult to work with. I like how 'taker is totally unfazed by his outburst, like he knew what was coming.